Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Releasing Book In December

Remember the book Opeth have been working on? It is finally becoming a reality. The band has been hard at work these past few years to put together a coffee table style biography for release later this year and the book is now available for pre-order at this location where you find all you need to know. The book to celebrate their 25th anniversary is being published by Rocket 88 in early December 2015 in the UK. There will be two editions and both will come with two unheard exclusive tracks.

Book description: "This sumptuously illustrated oral history presents Opeth's unique tale, from their earliest days until the present, and all in glorious dark colour. Told in the first-person by Mikael, the band, their friends, former members and collaborators including designer Travis Smith, it is illustrated throughout with hundreds of previously unseen and rare photos, artworks and memorabilia. Here, for the first time, is the true and complete story of Opeth, revealed in all its terrible and magnificent glory, and illuminated by early, personal, candid, live and studio photographs."

The book comes with unreleased and unheard acoustic versions of "Atonement" and "Demon Of The Fall". These tracks are exclusive and won't be available anywhere else at any time. It is also packed with images from throughout the band's entire history with more than 100 being previously unseen and exclusive new interviews with band and collaborators.

Source: opeth.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 24.07.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 168 users
24.07.2015 - 15:31
raveneffect
A book? now thats full PrOgpeth
24.07.2015 - 19:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I would consider buying it if it wasn't for the price. I remember I brought Dream Theater's biography years ago and it was very cheap compared to this.

Although this is not a biography per se.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.07.2015 - 01:30
Doge of Venice
I bet there aren't even growls in the book. These guys have just gotten so lame in recent years!
25.07.2015 - 02:30
Gothmog_Motsham
Maybe the band should open a barber shop in Stockholm while they're at it
25.07.2015 - 06:03
Ruinous
At least I don't have to listen to a book
25.07.2015 - 11:00
Mc_Twist
Wow, The Signature Edition price is fuckin' ridiculous..
25.07.2015 - 12:41
Zap
^Indeed, and it will likely be sold out in no time. They could have asked even more if they really wanted to.
27.07.2015 - 21:32
Rupert
Wow, I thought university textbooks were expensive.
27.07.2015 - 22:20
musclassia
staff
Holy shit those prices. It's only 200 pages! I love Opeth, but that's just ripping off dedicated fans, £250 for a signed book is outrageous
28.07.2015 - 07:13
moribun
Written by Rupert on 27.07.2015 at 21:32

Wow, I thought university textbooks were expensive.

This pretty much sums up my own impression
22.08.2015 - 02:44
Erik M.
Yeah, pretty much what everyone is already saying... that price is insane. Bunch of freeloaders.

Hits total: 3032 | This month: 4