03. Caged Wrath
04. Wretched Face Of Evil
05. Black Thrash Attack
06. The Pest
07. The One Who Smite
08. Eternally Your Shadow
09. Destructor
10. Fighting For Hell

We all know that thrash metal is directly responsible for the advent of black metal. However, the genre has evolved so much, that they are now independent genres having almost nothing in common. Yet Aura Noir along with a bunch of other bands, notably Deströyer 666, Nadiwrath and Absu has proved the genres still go very well together. But unlike these bands, which tend to swing in favour toward one of the genres, Aura Noir finds a somewhat perfect balance between them.

Black Thrash Attack proves that Thrash/Black can be one hell of an experience when done rightly. This album is what gave Aura Noir the recognition it deserved in the black metal underground. The song structures can seem minimalistic at first, but after repeated listens one will find the song writing really intriguing. The album employs razor sharp thrashy riffs adorned with groovy passages and interludes. Dangerously chaotic drumming takes the songs to new highs of raw brutality. Check out the drumming in the songs "Caged Wrath" and "Wretched Face of Evil," and you'll feel the adrenaline pumping through your system. The package is completed with a real pissed off vocalist. The man is gravely hell-bent on spitting hate on the mic. And of course, the production is raw and ugly, distorting the tracks and adding that menacing blackened vibe to it. All these musical ingredients bring about an assortment of ugly emotions which take turns surging upon the body without any care for your health.

Overall, a cold menacing album blistering with that "Hell Yeah" thrash metal aggression. A belter of an album, and a true classic in the Black/Thrash category.

Highlights: "Wretched Face of Evil"; "Black Thrash Attack"; "Destructor."

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 9
Production: 9

Written by VloRD | 25.05.2011

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 26 users
26.07.2015 - 21:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am thinking how popular this band is in the Norway ... such thrash/black mix is not so popular where we can add some thrashy elements into music
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.01.2016 - 18:53
Tomas Piller

Yesss, the delicious symbiosis of thrash and black...the best one I've ever come across is still by far the epic opus At The Heart Of Winter - my precious.

Hits total: 4427 | This month: 9