Metal Storm logo
Would like some suggestions

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.03.2007 - 23:01
I have herd of Nightwish for a long time but i haven't run into any other bands that are really like them, if would be awsome if anyone could give me a few band suggestions, I really like power metal! thanks everyone.
28.09.2009 - 23:37
Abattoir
staff
Written by Haddonfield on 28.09.2009 at 23:35

Written by Abattoir on 28.09.2009 at 23:25

I was wondering, if anyone could suggest me any good listenable gothic/doom metal groups, possibly with male vocals (something similar to Saturnus)?

I listened to Isole's Silent Ruins and Mink's With Echoes in the Movement of Stone for the first time today, I enjoyed both, they are both different kinds of doom but both pretty good.

Yea, I've listened to Silent Ruins...good stuff indeed. Haven't heard for the second one though.
28.09.2009 - 23:56
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Abattoir on 28.09.2009 at 23:37

Written by Haddonfield on 28.09.2009 at 23:35

Written by Abattoir on 28.09.2009 at 23:25

I was wondering, if anyone could suggest me any good listenable gothic/doom metal groups, possibly with male vocals (something similar to Saturnus)?

I listened to Isole's Silent Ruins and Mink's With Echoes in the Movement of Stone for the first time today, I enjoyed both, they are both different kinds of doom but both pretty good.

Yea, I've listened to Silent Ruins...good stuff indeed. Haven't heard for the second one though.

I made a spelling error, it's not Mink but Minsk. Sorry.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
29.09.2009 - 00:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
If he enjoys Minsk maybe he should also check out Baroness - Red Album and the upcoming The Blue Record.
Btw I wouldn't really call those bands doom, they are way more sludgy and have roots in the hardcore world and nto really the doom world.

@Abattoir. If you're lookign for some good gothicy/doom I can recommend the last two Officium Triste albums as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996