Metal Storm logo
Uriah Heep - Classic Line-Up Reunites For One Show

For one night only, Uriah Heep reunites with core members of the classic 1970s line-up, welcoming both Ken Hensley and Lee Kerslake to the Moscow Crocus' iconic stage, to perform the band's classic hits in a 2 hour set. Uriah Heep will be joined on stage on October 15th by Ken Hensley (Hammond, vocals, slide guitar) and Lee Kerslake (drums, vocals). Ken parted from Uriah Heep in 1980 to continue his song writing and solo career. Lee stayed with Uriah Heep until 2007.

Originally founded by guitarist Mick Box in 1969, Uriah Heep is one of the pivotal classic acts that helped define the rock sound and an era. Part of the fabled 'Big Four' alongside Zeppelin, Sabbath and Purple, the Heep story still has a long way to go. With classic songs like "July Morning", "Lady In Black", "Gypsy", "Easy Livin'' and "Stealin'' full of ambition, sophisticated writing, memorable tunes and, of course, the vocals - the 5 part harmonies were a clear influence on the operatics of Queen. Uriah Heep was the first Western rock band to perform in Russia, the band has headlined at stadiums worldwide.

Source: uriah-heep.com
Band profile: Uriah Heep
Posted: 19.08.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 32 users
19.08.2015 - 11:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nah they found a place where do it, could be home country instead
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.08.2015 - 15:26
slim pickings
Account deleted
Saying classic line-up is wrong I dare say, poor David Byron died mid 80s. Classic line up would be Byron/Box/Thain/Hensley/Kerslake. Gary Thain died in 1975 if I remember right. He was replaced by John Wetton for a while.
19.08.2015 - 22:49
baldur

Seems like a strange location to do a one time gig!

Hits total: 1552 | This month: 6