Metal Storm logo
Epica - Release New Live Video

The Dutch symphonic act Epica have just released their brand new live performance video for the song "The Essence Of Silence". This song comes third in their 2014 album The Quantum Enigma. The video was shot at the sold-out concert the band did in Brussels, Belgium. As new Epica videos are always welcome, you may see the final cut yourself, right here.

The band commented: "We are proud to launch the official live video for the Essence of Silence! The song was recorded earlier this year during the European Enigma Tour at our sold-out show at the Ancienne Belgique in Brussels, Belgium. The video was shot and edited by Jens De Vos and his team at Panda Productions. The show was recorded by Ace Zec and mixed by Epica producer Joost van der Broek."

On the 22nd of November, the band will launch their very own festival, Epic Metal Fest, at the Klokgebouw in Eindhoven, The Netherlands and Sepultura are the latest addition to the line-up.

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 21.08.2015 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 131 users
21.08.2015 - 14:19
Etaín

I was at that show. Quite emotional. A friend of ours passed away last year and they dedicated a song to her, they were her favorite band.
21.08.2015 - 23:52
pagb666

A DVD? Wouldn't be good with Simone leaving the scenario every time she has to spend more than 1m without singing.
22.08.2015 - 05:23
MelancholiaC

Written by Irritable Ted on 21.08.2015 at 19:14

Sounds amazing. Did they record the whole show? DVD perhaps. It would be nice considering how disappointing Retrospect was. No-one could live with the terrible lightshow.

Really? I thought it was one of the best live albums I've seen/heard... Of course I'm mainly talking about the sound, the great performance, the fantastic 3-hour setlist and the magnificent orchestra & choir (something I've been waiting Nightwish to do but they still haven't ) - I listen to some of these songs instead of the album versions these days. Honestly the light show never bothered me amidst all that!
22.08.2015 - 15:52
Didymus

Shitty crowd. But this is one of the best recordings of the band I've seen in a long time.

Hits total: 2101 | This month: 4