Style: Symphonic metal

Owners:

49 have it
1 wants it

01. In...
02. The Creature That You Came To See
03. Time To Set The Stones
04. The Beginning That Lies
05. The Empress - Through The Looking Glass (A Dream)
06. A Window To The Sky
07. And So (I Walk On)
08. We.ll.Sea
09. The Creature That You Came To See (reprise)
10. ...finity

Additional info
Recorded, engineered and mixed by J.P.Genkel and Gottfried Koch
At Impuls Studios, Hamburg.
Produced by Dreams Of Sanity.
Mastered by Helge Halvé, Hamburg.
Cover artwork and layout by Andreas Seebacher.

Staff review by
Undercraft
Rating:
I can't believe that I didn't know this band until last year! Me! That I claim to be have a worthy knowledge of the metal scene. Shame on me! So, how did I finally knew this band? A friend of mine brought to my house a mix CD-R of some of the best songs of his metal collection. In this Cd was 'The Beginning That Lies' by Dreams Of Sanity (included in this album). When I heard this song I was hypnotized, paralyzed, numb... What is this???? This is great! Long history short, I said to myself "I have to own this Cd"

Read more ››
published 19.10.2003 | Comments (2)

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 38 users
02.09.2015 - 13:09
Rating: 9
Joppe
Steelemeister
I don't even like this genre, but have to admit that this is a great album. Such good songs here, especially "A Window To The Sky" and the second half of "The Empress - Through The Looking Glass". IMO tracks #3 and #7 should be forgotten and skipped though. Not useless tracks, but inferior to rest of the album. Epica, take notes.
----
My vision is augmented
27.12.2017 - 23:28
Rating: 8
Metren
Dreadrealm
Yes, long ago before female-fronted symphonic and gothic metal became a nightmare of some of the worst and most unimaginative garbage ever called metal, we had gems like this one. Beautiful masterpiece.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/

Hits total: 4380 | This month: 14