04. Vamachara
05. Ohm Krim Kali
06. Beyond The Mazeways To Ophidian Gnosis
07. Drakonian Womb

Guest review by
F3ynman2000
Rating:
N/A
Black metal. The bitter-cold music of darkness. Throughout the history of this genre, various bands have focused on the importance of different features: repetitive riffs, blast-beat drumming, raspy vocals, Satanic lyrics, the inclusion of folk elements, crossovers with other subgenres, intentionally raw production. But the most essential element - the attribute which exemplifies all great black metal acts - is atmosphere. And few bands have ever crafted such a mesmerizing ambience as on Acherontas's Vamachara.

Read more ››
published 24.08.2022 | Comments (8)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 178 users
04.09.2015 - 02:03
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Had to play Drakonian Womb again, it's beautiful, shards of Dissection's melo all over the place...
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

20.03.2022 - 09:43
Rating: 10
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Only 28 votes! This is fantastic black metal! The ghoulish vocals and the eerily mesmerizing riffs remind me a lot of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
10.07.2022 - 19:35
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
They've definitely got that Dissection vibe going on, the riffs and the drumming on this are magnificent, and there's a great early Hellenic sound to this too, and the vocals and songwriting is very Mgła'ish. It's surprising just how overlooked this band actually is.

"Beyond the Mazeways to Ophidian Gnosis" and "Drakonian Womb" are the main stand out tracks on this album for me.

Hits total: 3471 | This month: 11