Metal Storm logo
Motörhead - Lemmy Recovering From Lung Infection, To Return Tonight

As you probably know, Motörhead have been cancelling several shows recently on their North American tour. It seems that frontman Lemmy Kilmister was suffering from a lung infection which deteriorated with the altitude but the band vows to return to the stage tonight on their show in St. Louis.

The legendary band released this update: "The wait is over and the Doc has spoken. Lemmy had a lung infection (exacerbated by that Denver altitude) which has now been taken care of. Subsequently, Lemmy's ready to give it a go in St. Louis at The Pageant theater on Tuesday, Sept 8th where Motörhead will continue the 40th Anniversary tour in support of their new album Bad Magic.

"Amidst all the wonderful support Lemmy has received, many have rightfully said he owes us nothing as he has given us everything. We, however, owe Lemmy something... our total respect for his fierce, single-minded and beautifully stubborn determination to continue burning asphalt, playing rock'n'roll and live where he has always been most comfortable - on the road! Thanks again for all your support and see you soon!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Motörhead
Posted: 08.09.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 92 users
12.09.2015 - 12:49
Timelord

I hate when articles come out as "The Band" has released this statement or that. What the hell does Lemmy have to say is the question on everybody's mind. To me that's just pumping this larger than life persona that really boils down to Lemmy has been a lifelong drinker,drug addict,sex fiend and smoker. I am surprised he isn't already six feet under (which seems to be coming soon than later). Stop touring Lemmy! Hit the festivals with energy and create new music. Nobody likes to admit that they just can't do it physically anymore. Its obvious you can't sustain the physical demand and toll it takes to tour.

Hits total: 1457 | This month: 5