Artwork by Cameron Gray.

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 240 users
10.09.2015 - 23:35
Rating: 4
FullyOttoMatic

I have a feeling that they put more effort into the album cover rather than the actual music.
11.09.2015 - 02:28
Rating: 6
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by FullyOttoMatic on 10.09.2015 at 23:35

I have a feeling that they put more effort into the album cover rather than the actual music.

They didn't even create it, so are you implying they put negative effort into the music?

Also that album title...might as well have called it "Idunnololz."
11.09.2015 - 13:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I really hope they can go back to the quality of The Discovery. :\
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.09.2015 - 16:46
Uldreth

Written by LeKiwi on 11.09.2015 at 02:28

They didn't even create it, so are you implying they put negative effort into the music?

Also that album title...might as well have called it "Idunnololz."

That would be for "Tomorrow We Die Alive". Now, I am not claiming this band is doing anything deep, because they don't, but the last couple of albums had heavy environmentalist themes. Since the album is titled "Soul Sphere", and the guy is stretching his hand towards Earth on the album artwork, I assume the album title refers to the planet, which of course coincides nicely with the band's themes. This is far from a random title.

As for the album, idk, Throw Me In The Jungle sucked, but Resilience was nice. I don't think they ever gonna reach the level of The Discovery again, not without Jason, but if the album's quality resembles Resilience more than Throw Me... I'm gonna be happy.
11.09.2015 - 18:11
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Uldreth on 11.09.2015 at 16:46

That would be for "Tomorrow We Die Alive". Now, I am not claiming this band is doing anything deep, because they don't, but the last couple of albums had heavy environmentalist themes. Since the album is titled "Soul Sphere", and the guy is stretching his hand towards Earth on the album artwork, I assume the album title refers to the planet, which of course coincides nicely with the band's themes. This is far from a random title.

As for the album, idk, Throw Me In The Jungle sucked, but Resilience was nice. I don't think they ever gonna reach the level of The Discovery again, not without Jason, but if the album's quality resembles Resilience more than Throw Me... I'm gonna be happy.

Honestly, you could come up with any random title and leave it to the artist to create meaning

...and yup, I don't think we'll ever see the quality of TD again
11.09.2015 - 20:52
Uldreth

Written by LeKiwi on 11.09.2015 at 18:11

Honestly, you could come up with any random title and leave it to the artist* to create meaning

...and yup, I don't think we'll ever see the quality of TD again

*Audience, you mean.

But in this case, this interpretation is hardly far fetched. Besides, in truth, meaning is in some ways independent of an artist, even if the artist explicitly stated his/her/their own interpretation.

Honestly, there is no sense in slagging BoO for the titles, since everyone in this genre (by genre I mean metal, not djent/deathcore) does it anyways, but their prior album surely does deserve the "word salad title" award much more than this one.
11.09.2015 - 21:53
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Uldreth on 11.09.2015 at 20:52

*Audience, you mean.

But in this case, this interpretation is hardly far fetched. Besides, in truth, meaning is in some ways independent of an artist, even if the artist explicitly stated his/her/their own interpretation.

Honestly, there is no sense in slagging BoO for the titles, since everyone in this genre (by genre I mean metal, not djent/deathcore) does it anyways, but their prior album surely does deserve the "word salad title" award much more than this one.

True, it is ultimately left to the audience. Even so, I think these bullshit otherworldly, sci-fi themes are comical. More of an observation than a complaint...I hardly care about song or albums titles, let alone lyrical content

I do strongly disagree, however, that every band is on the same level when it comes to titling songs/albums. You can't really believe that...
16.10.2015 - 19:37
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Just heard this and, while I'm not impressed, it's definitely better than their previous album. I still find it difficult to differentiate between the tracks.
16.10.2015 - 22:48
Rating: 8
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
On par with the previous works. Nothing new, but for me consistently fun and enjoyable enough that I want to pick it up. One of the better mainstream releases this year.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
23.10.2015 - 05:42
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.09.2015 at 13:25

I really hope they can go back to the quality of The Discovery. :\

Don't bother with this one.
25.10.2015 - 03:28
Rating: 7
Overrwatcher

I was afraid of what this album could be, and fortunately Throw Me In The Jungle is an isolated track that sticks out like a sore thumb. Everything else is just Born Of Osiris as we know them. I actually prefer this over Tomorrow We Die Alive, feels a lot less repetitive. Still is, but not overwhelmingly so.

I just wish they would go back to The Discovery...
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
25.10.2015 - 03:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Overrwatcher on 25.10.2015 at 03:28

I'd prefer if they did something new rather than recreate that album.
25.10.2015 - 03:59
Rating: 7
Overrwatcher

Written by LeKiwi on 25.10.2015 at 03:50

Written by Overrwatcher on 25.10.2015 at 03:28

I'd prefer if they did something new rather than recreate that album.

Of course. Even The Discovery by the end was sounding a bit the same.

BoO would be one of my absolute favorite bands if they could vary their sound a bit and write more inspired music. It's ridiculous how stale they are for playing such "unconventional" deathcore. The Discovery was just the closest they got to reaching that potential.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
25.10.2015 - 04:24
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Overrwatcher on 25.10.2015 at 03:59

Of course. Even The Discovery by the end was sounding a bit the same.

BoO would be one of my absolute favorite bands if they could vary their sound a bit and write more inspired music. It's ridiculous how stale they are for playing such "unconventional" deathcore. The Discovery was just the closest they got to reaching that potential.

Agreed
17.11.2015 - 06:32
Danny Thomas

Didn't like that much at first, but I have to admit it has grown on me the more I listen.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
03.05.2016 - 22:27
The Galactician

Hmm, I like this quite a bit more than their last one, actually. Thumbs up in general.
04.02.2018 - 16:39
Tatsella
Fangirl
I like Born of Osiris mostly for keys. Metal(core) band. For keys.
They use it really great, I haven't heard keys like that before.
Of course it isn't The Discovery but I don't want any band to recreate any album over and over again. Pretty enjoable if you didn't expect much. And yes, those keys..

Hits total: 4904 | This month: 12