Metal Storm logo
Charlotte Wessels - New Band Launched

Symphonic metal fans beware! Napalm Records has just announced the signing of Phantasma, the new symphonic rock musical outlet of singers Charlotte Wessels ( Delain), Georg Neuhauser ( Serenity) and multi-instrumentalist Oliver Philipps (Everon). The Deviant Hearts is their debut album and will hit the stores on November 20th. Find out more about it and this new band right here.

Phantasma, was born from the longstanding ambition to create a story driven concept record of Georg Neuhauser, vocal force behind Tyrolean Symphonic metal outfit Serenity. He found his partner in crime with multi-instrumentalist composer, producer and vocalist Oliver Philipps (Everon) who gladly embarked on this new mission that allowed him to reconnect with being a musician in the first place, as a welcome change from working for other bands, which he has done extensively over the years, providing the rich sound connoisseurs of the genre have come to expect from him.

As Oliver worked with Delain since their debuting record, a request at Charlotte Wessels' address was made to complete the dynamic trio of Phantasma. Charlotte lends not only her voice to Phantasma, but also her debut novella "The Deviant Hearts" - which was written especially for the project.

Cover art by Marco Mazzoni

The Deviant Hearts tracklist:

01. Incomplete
02. The Deviant Hearts (Give Us A Story)
03. Runaway Grey
04. Try
05. Enter Dreamscape
06. Miserable Me
07. The Lotus And The Willow
08. Crimson Course
09. Carry Me Home
10. The Sound Of Fear
11. Novaturient
12. Let It Die
13. Symphony Of Light (Bonus Track)

Thomas Caser, Napalm Records Vice President comments: "We are thrilled to announce the signing of Phantasma, which is one of the most exciting projects of the genre. Charlotte, Georg and Oliver have created a magical album and a fantastic concept and story to come with it. This is a must-have for all fans of this music!"

Phantasma states: "We have truly enjoyed giving a shape, face and sound to The Deviant Hearts. It was an inspiring and exciting process and we can not wait to share the result of our efforts with you through the upcoming release with Napalm Records."

Phantasma line-up:
Charlotte Wessels - Vocals
Georg Neuhauser - Vocals
Oliver Philipps - Guitars/Keys/Vocals

Album guests:
Tom S. Englund - Vocals ( Evergrey)
Dennis Schunke - Vocals ( Van Canto)
Chloe Lowery - Vocals ( Trans-Siberian Orchestra/ Chameleon)
Jason Gianni - Drums (Daredevil Squadron/ Neal Morse/ Trans-Siberian Orchestra)
Randy George - Bass ( Neal Morse/Ajalon)
Tom Buchberger - Guitar (Ex- Serenity)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Delain
Posted: 11.09.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 104 users
11.09.2015 - 12:24
Kais

Interesting line up. Let's see how that turns out.
11.09.2015 - 13:08
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Should be good vocally, at any rate.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
12.09.2015 - 08:33
MelancholiaC

I'm always puzzled that Delain are deemed to be symphonic metal, sadly fans of the genre seem to forget what it actually means over the years...

I'm intrigued by this project though, and will give it a chance; hopefully it will not be musically adjacent to Delain but something surprising.
12.09.2015 - 22:24
JokerPW

Can't wait to hear that ! =D
14.09.2015 - 21:47
mariano

What a lousy name for a band.... or anything.

Hits total: 2589 | This month: 4