Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Working On Acoustic Album

Folk metal heavyweights Eluveitie have faced some line-up changes lately with the departure of violinist Nicole Ansperger and also Patrick "Päde" Kistler (bagpipes, whistles). But the Swiss band perseveres and is working on their second, yet untitled acoustic album. In addition to this, the band has also announced their first Swiss acoustic tour of 2016. Throughout these shows, Eluveitie will deliver exclusive tasters of what fans can expect from the new record in the form of some brand new material. The band's first acoustic album was 2009's Evocation I - The Arcane Dominion.

This special tour will take place in DAS ZELT - Chapiteau PostFinance in the following cities:

22.01. SUI - Chapiteau PostFinance, Lenk - Wildstrubel-Arena
04.03. SUI - Chapiteau PostFinance, Olten - Schützenmatte
23.09. SUI - Chapiteau PostFinance, Brig - Rhonesandterrain
23.12. SUI - Chapiteau PostFinance, Bern - Allmend

More dates will be announced soon.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 11.09.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 116 users
11.09.2015 - 13:58
Netzach
Planewalker
Evocation is the only really good album they ever made so I've got high hopes for this one.
11.09.2015 - 14:47
Gothmog_Motsham

Good news!
11.09.2015 - 15:01
ShadowGlanzmann

Written by Netzach on 11.09.2015 at 13:58

Evocation is the only really good album they ever made so I've got high hopes for this one.

Drugs do that...
11.09.2015 - 16:11
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by ShadowGlanzmann on 11.09.2015 at 15:01

Drugs do that...

Indeed they do!

In this case it just comes down to my preferences. Never been a fan of their folk/Gothenburg-style (nor the -core elements that appeared later in their discography) but Evocation is a soulful record with a very believable artistic intent. Sure, there are a few fillers on it, but songs like Brictom, Dessumiis Luge and The Carnutian Forest really bring it home. A solid 8.0 in my book. I hope this new one will be even better, I have anticipated it for quite some time.
11.09.2015 - 21:48
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Sweet, loved Evocation and always wanted more acoustic from them.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
12.09.2015 - 15:36
ShadowGlanzmann

Written by Netzach on 11.09.2015 at 16:11

Drugs do that...

Indeed they do!

In this case it just comes down to my preferences. Never been a fan of their folk/Gothenburg-style (nor the -core elements that appeared later in their discography) but Evocation is a soulful record with a very believable artistic intent. Sure, there are a few fillers on it, but songs like Brictom, Dessumiis Luge and The Carnutian Forest really bring it home. A solid 8.0 in my book. I hope this new one will be even better, I have anticipated it for quite some time.

I'm a fan of every single work of Eluveitie. Didn't like their performance live, but I understand that having 6/7 instruments at the precise same time takes a lot of extra concentration and their interaction with the crowd is not as energic as I was expecting. Despite that, I love Evocation I and I truly expect to see Evocation II perhaps.
But I can't agree that Evocation is the only good album: Helvetios is a little kind different, more agressive, but Origins is a total blast!!! For me, Slania is the truly best album of Eluveitie, one of a kind, balanced, extremely well composed. Eluveitie is one of those bands that even if you don't like, you can't say they're bad, because they're not!
12.09.2015 - 23:42
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by ShadowGlanzmann on 12.09.2015 at 15:36

Drugs do that...

Indeed they do!

I'm a fan of every single work of Eluveitie. Didn't like their performance live, but I understand that having 6/7 instruments at the precise same time takes a lot of extra concentration and their interaction with the crowd is not as energic as I was expecting. Despite that, I love Evocation I and I truly expect to see Evocation II perhaps.
But I can't agree that Evocation is the only good album: Helvetios is a little kind different, more agressive, but Origins is a total blast!!! For me, Slania is the truly best album of Eluveitie, one of a kind, balanced, extremely well composed. Eluveitie is one of those bands that even if you don't like, you can't say they're bad, because they're not!

Umm, yes I can, because it's my opinion.
14.09.2015 - 19:40
ShadowGlanzmann

Written by Netzach on 12.09.2015 at 23:42

Written by ShadowGlanzmann on 12.09.2015 at 15:36

Drugs do that...

Indeed they do!

Umm, yes I can, because it's my opinion.

You understood what I mean, I think... and your opinion is respectable
17.09.2016 - 09:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Update: They will record at the end of this year and will release in spring.

Hits total: 2317 | This month: 1