Metal Storm logo
Avantasia - Dee Snider To Join The Band On The New Album

"We're Not Gonna Take It", "I Wanna Rock", "The Kids Are Back"... There's hardly any rock fan around the globe who isn't familiar with the big hits Twisted Sister, whose frontman Dee Snider is going to appear on the new Avantasia album Ghostlights (out on January 29th, 2016). Besides Tobias Sammet, vocalists who have been confirmed for the new chapter of the Metal Opera are Geoff Tate (ex-Queensrÿche, Operation: Mindcrime), Jorn Lande, Bob Catley (Magnum) and Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween, Unisonic). More singers are going to be announced soon.

Tobias comments: "I've always been a fan of Twisted Sister and Dee Snider in particular. He is entertaining, flamboyant, energetic, loud, tongue in cheek, colourful and mean! When I was young, I remember that he was the kind of character that I wanted to be. A crossing between peacock, jackal and Bugs Bunny. I loved it! On Ghostlights Dee is gonna be a ghost, and what a ghost he is. Great performance. And I kindly ask our webmaster to put a link to Twisted Sister's 'We're not gonna take it' because that is the video that says everything about what Rock'n Roll is about in my book. Dee, welcome to the Avantasia family!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Avantasia
Posted: 07.10.2015 by aesir25

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 81 users
07.10.2015 - 11:40
corrupt
With a lowercase c
I hate everything about this project so much by now
----
07.10.2015 - 13:53
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I hate everything about Tobias since 2004, dude just changed or something.
07.10.2015 - 15:24
Ruchesko

Written by corrupt on 07.10.2015 at 11:40

I hate everything about this project so much by now

That's an awfully strong reaction to Dee Snider. Least there's no mention of Fabio Lione or Cloudy Yang (yet).
07.10.2015 - 15:51
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Ruchesko on 07.10.2015 at 15:24
That's an awfully strong reaction to Dee Snider. Least there's no mention of Fabio Lione or Cloudy Yang (yet).

That's not about Dee. That dude is awesome. It's about Avantasia. Or Sammet in particular.
----
07.10.2015 - 21:31
quirin

Really looking forward to this. the addition of Snider is great news!
09.10.2015 - 04:47
mikeprado30

When he'll call Hansi Kürsch? :/
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 1780 | This month: 5