Metal Storm logo
Alkerdeel - New Album Announced, Tracklist Revealed

Good news for Alkerdeel fans! According to the band, the new album was already recorded and will be mixed in early November at Boma Studio. The mastering duties will be handled again by Tom Kvålsonic from Strype Audio. The record, still untitled, is expected to be available in the spring of 2016. As of now, you can start discovering the album below, with tracklist and possible artwork already unveiled.

Tracklist:
01. Regardez Ses Yeux (I - II - III)
02. Lede
03. Gråt Deleenaf

They will play these new songs at Het Bos in Antwerp, Belgium on October 31st. You simply can't miss this event if you live nearby!

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Alkerdeel
Posted: 10.10.2015 by Maco

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 73 users
11.10.2015 - 00:26
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
What an impressive display of flexibility in the cover art.

But more seriously, is there something I'm not getting or did they decide they just didn't want a serious cover art?

Admittedly I can often judge a band by their cover art, this would have probably put me off if I didn't know them.
11.10.2015 - 00:34
mz

Maybe they intend to have an ugly cover, as they should have, but this is a stupid one. Seriously, I think it is just a joke.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
11.10.2015 - 00:56
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
I'm almost certain it won't be in the final product, but now that I've looked at it a few times, I'm starting to find it quite funny.
11.10.2015 - 01:02
Paz

They are constantly trolling their fans so you never know But this cover is very much in their style - look at this split art for example.
11.10.2015 - 01:19
Lit.
Account deleted
If I wasn't already a fan, I would've taken one look at that cover art and not even bothered with trying the album.
11.10.2015 - 02:16
Zap
The article makes it seem like the band actually implied that that picture might be the new artwork. They never did and I've seen that drawing multiple times since discovering the band.

Anyhow, I already knew they'd be playing the whole album live the 31st and I'm quite excited about that to say the least.
11.10.2015 - 02:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
You guys all suck. I fucking love it. The kind of thing I'd expect from these fun and extreme guys.

So many dibs for a review of this album!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.10.2015 - 05:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.10.2015 at 02:20

You guys all suck. I fucking love it. The kind of thing I'd expect from these fun and extreme guys.

So many dibs for a review of this album!

Indeed, very similar to the Den of Thieves split art. Not bothered by it at all. Will wait for the music.
11.10.2015 - 12:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It is made up quite simple and teasing. Not a final product I would say.

But if it is, I'll still go on and check out. You know, it is Alkerdeel.
12.10.2015 - 05:26
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
The artwork (if that really is the final piece) does indeed look like completely goofy bullshit and highly suggests that the band aren't taking themselves very seriously. But, as some people above have mentioned, that shouldn't be surprising, because it's really nothing new.

I for one am very curious to see whether or not the collab with Gnaw Their Tongues ended up influencing the sound of their new material in any way. You never know, but this new music could be a little bit dronier than has been usual for the band as a result. I doubt that that's the case, but we shall see. Excited for this one either way.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.10.2015 - 20:20
Zap
Written by Auntie Sahar on 12.10.2015 at 05:26

I for one am very curious to see whether or not the collab with Gnaw Their Tongues ended up influencing the sound of their new material in any way. You never know, but this new music could be a little bit dronier than has been usual for the band as a result. I doubt that that's the case, but we shall see. Excited for this one either way.

I wish they'd just start a "full-time" project together in the vein of that collab.
12.10.2015 - 20:28
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Zap on 12.10.2015 at 20:20

I wish they'd just start a "full-time" project together in the vein of that collab.

Sometimes that happens, sometimes collabs are just one off occasions. But absolutely, it's usually the former that's far more pleasing. For example, Oranssi Pazuzu and Dark Buddha Rising members actually forming a band together (Atomikyla) for the long term, when they could've just done one collab and left it at that. Or Stephen O'Malley forming Æthenor with the Ulver guys around the same time that Sunn O))) did the collab with them, when they could've also just done the same.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 4077 | This month: 11