01. Dualism
02. Gnosis' Journey Through The Ages
03. Averroes' Search
04. A God Made Of Flesh And Consciousness
05. For Aleppo

Guest review by
nikarg
Rating:
Spectral Lore's III, the band's last full album, released in 2014, was an avant-garde, progressive black metal gem, floating in an ocean of mesmerising, cosmic, dark ambience and aiming to provoke the dreamiest of journeys. Following this, Ayloss's one-man band crafted a trilogy of EPs (Voyager, Gnosis and Fossils) with an even more experimental approach and released them in less than a year's time. Spectral Lore's music encountered in full-length releases is multifaceted and multilayered; however, each one of these EPs explores and experiments with mainly one specific style. Gnosis is a musical synthesis of the east and the west, with extensive use of folk and oriental elements and it is probably the best of the three.

Read more ››
published 06.05.2017 | Comments (0)

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 104 users
20.10.2015 - 02:02
Fearmeister
Account deleted
50 minute Ep? Oh boy, oh my, oh man
10.11.2015 - 05:27
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 20.10.2015 at 01:32

I believe the story is called 'Little Red Riding Hood' not 'Little Purple Riding Hood With a Red Shirt'...

And what has Little Red Riding Hood to do with this record?
20.11.2015 - 00:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.12.2015 - 00:20
Rating: 8
musclassia

Voyager was good, but I really liked this. Get a definite Melechesh vibe during the metal sections, and the non-metal parts are done really well too. Pretty impressive job!
15.11.2016 - 20:45
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Cover art is a painting "Lycinna" (1918) by English painter John William Godward. Felt really sad reading about his life, check it out.

P.S. - This album as a whole cannot be any more beautiful no matter how fucking hard it tried.
17.06.2019 - 14:34
Rating: 8
Reaper_Redeemer

This is my SL's favorite release. I find genius the way the music styles are blended in this approach. Always enjoying "Dualism", "Gnosis' Journey Through The Ages" and "A God Made Of Flesh And Consciousness".
17.06.2019 - 19:18
nikarg

Written by Reaper_Redeemer on 17.06.2019 at 14:34

This is my SL's favorite release. I find genius the way the music styles are blended in this approach. Always enjoying "Dualism", "Gnosis' Journey Through The Ages" and "A God Made Of Flesh And Consciousness".

Mine too. "A God Made Of Flesh And Consciousness" is... godlike.
20.04.2020 - 02:57
Desha
delicious dish
Just stunningly beautiful and melancholic.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill

Hits total: 2413 | This month: 16