Metal Storm logo
Aborted - Government Forces Dubai Show's Cancellation

Unfortunately, Aborted's show in Dubai has been aborted! Their show was booked for October 30th in the United Arab Emirates but the promoter told the band that an angry parent wrote a letter to the authorities appaled by their lyrics/themes/videos and the government decided to force the promoter to cancel the show. Aborted are just another victim of the many metal bands that have already been banned before like Carcass and Lamb Of God in Malaysia, Cannibal Corpse in Russia and many other examples.

The band explained what happened: "Dear fans in Dubai, it is with great sadness we have to announce that our show on halloweenis cancelled. We received notice from the promoter today that an angry parent had written the authorities about us performing and being appalled by our lyrics/themes/videos and the government decided to force the promoter to cancel and prosecute them.

"Flights were booked, everything was arranged by both the promoter and us, and we are in 2015, it saddens us that these kind of practices still happen and people can not seem to understand that this music genre is about release and especially for a band like us, about fun, sure, delicious gory fun, but we all know how to take death metal lyrics, right?

"We are all brothers and friends in the same cause here, and that is music, music is the one thing that binds all of us worldwide, race, gender or religion aside. We had a great time in Egypt, we have played Israel several times, Indonesia and so many places where different cultures meet and it has never been an issue. Hopefully no other bands have to deal with this type of situation anymore and our support goes out to the promoters and fans over there.

"This is a small piece from the angry letter which was sent to the government: The band called Aborted and they are from Belgium, apparently they play Extreme Death Metal, I am open to all kind of music even Heavy Metal but this band was much more extreme, I went through their lyrics and their videos and they were nothing but disturbing, their lyrics promoting disgusting ideas like Sex with Gods, same sex, force sex and rape, sex with kids, anal sex and other horrible similar subjects. I couldn't believe that someone could invite such a band to our country, our culture and traditions never supported such ideas and we should keep it this way, my son will go nowhere near that filthy party.

"Make up your own mind, stand up for music, and grind on!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Aborted
Posted: 23.10.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 121 users
23.10.2015 - 15:08
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Hehe, what's an "andry parent"?
23.10.2015 - 15:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by BaneConall on 23.10.2015 at 15:08

Hehe, what's an "andry parent"?

lol Damn it! It's angry obviously
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.10.2015 - 16:02
Kass
Account deleted
And somehow I thought Dubai is one of the open-minded Arabic cities. That's really embarrassing.
23.10.2015 - 17:24
Alondate
Because it is haram
23.10.2015 - 19:57
Ruchesko
Dem emirs.

Surely this should've been titled "Dubai Show Aborted", though.
23.10.2015 - 21:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is why Europe must not be tolerant against mid east places who violate human rights hit happens in Europe, but we know famous stone what felt from heavens are extra terrestrial origin and ppl worship it like crazy ....
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.10.2015 - 02:00
visiblenoise
AN angry parent?? Oh how their government listens to their individual constituents!
24.10.2015 - 10:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Sad.

Next time any metal band makes a visit there should make it secretly. Then, violates all rules and let burqa ladies know more about sexual activities.

Nah, that is very sad.
24.10.2015 - 13:50
Big-Al
Poopy.
----

I drink moosepiss
24.10.2015 - 16:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 23.10.2015 at 21:57

This is why Europe must not be tolerant against mid east places who violate human rights hit happens in Europe, but we know famous stone what felt from heavens are extra terrestrial origin and ppl worship it like crazy ....

A famous stone felt from heaven?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.10.2015 - 16:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 24.10.2015 at 16:21

Written by Bad English on 23.10.2015 at 21:57

A famous stone felt from heaven?

that obelisk what is in Meca, green something what all worship, we all know it came from stars ... unfortunately they don't let scientist work, Vatican wont be able stop scientists .
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2232 | This month: 4