Metal Storm logo
Huntress - Guitarist Denies Breakup Rumors

Fans were saddened to hear that the heavy metal band Huntress was apparently calling it quits. The announcement came from frontwoman Jill Janus, who posted a short message to fans on her Facebook page. Earlier this year, she revealed her battles with not only bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, but also uterine cancer that resulted in a hysterectomy. In her post, since deleted, Janus said that due to her health concerns she was "packing it up." She cited a desire to move on and create new music "on my terms." Guitarist Blake Meahl later did some damage control and released a statement saying that they're not breaking up and the band's tour with Black Label Society in December is still happening.

Statement from Huntress guitarist Blake Meahl:

Today Jill Janus confirmed that she is staying in the band: "Back to business! Yes, I am still the singer for Huntress. I've seen some heavy shit, but so often the things I say or do are misconstrued even by those closest to me. It is the end of an era for Huntress, we completed our trilogy, writing one album a year. I look forward to writing more Huntress records, and working on new musical projects I've been developing. The best is yet to come! JJx"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Huntress
Posted: 29.10.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 53 users
29.10.2015 - 16:22
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I think the guys should just search for another singer. While I do not dislike Jill, she clearly is not up to perform and with so many problems, even I would consider quitting. Plus, dealing with a person that was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder is like walking on egg shells.
29.10.2015 - 18:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 29.10.2015 at 16:22

I think the guys should just search for another singer. While I do not dislike Jill, she clearly is not up to perform and with so many problems, even I would consider quitting. Plus, dealing with a person that was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder is like walking on egg shells.

she is good singer and cancer is not a joke, everyone even you, I or isis commander can get it ... and die, so mussican life is not so easy and touring don't pay much either...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.10.2015 - 19:53
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Bad English on 29.10.2015 at 18:11

she is good singer and cancer is not a joke, everyone even you, I or isis commander can get it ... and die, so mussican life is not so easy and touring don't pay much either...

Not a joke, but I do believe she treated it in an early phase. I can bet with ya that Huntress is more of a corporate product and if Jill would be out of the picture, the band won't be anymore. She is the driving force, not because she writes the songs, but because she is the one that 'sells' the band's records, no matter how cynical it seems.
29.10.2015 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And she ha svoice her voice in some way is unique, not shore her tits are real or fake, but she s front figure, why ppl like band ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.10.2015 - 23:05
FYA
Destroyer

Plus, dealing with a person that was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder is like walking on egg shells.

*cough* Devin Townsend *cough"

Hits total: 1555 | This month: 2