Metal Storm logo
Scar Symmetry - Bassist Quits

Scar Symmetry has announced the amicable departure of bass player Kenneth Seil, who has been with the group since 2004 as one of the founding members. He will now pursue other things. The Swedish metal band has recruited Andreas Silén on bass and Benjamin Ellis on guitar (of Propane Headrush and Bloodshot Dawn fame respectively) to help them on their tour with Eluveitie and Epica.

Scar Symmetry has issued the following statement: "We are sorry to announce that Kenneth has left Scar Symmetry to pursue other interests, we miss him dearly but as they say: the show must go on! Much love and many thanks to Kenneth for all the years, all the drunken tour stories, all the good times!

"We did our first show of the Epica/Eluveitie/Scar Symmetry tour tonight, and we are excited to announce that for this tour we have enrolled the amazing Andreas Silén on bass and Benjamin Ellis on guitar (of Propane Headrush and Bloodshot Dawn fame respectively), these guys shred like noone else!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Scar Symmetry
Posted: 30.10.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 74 users
30.10.2015 - 18:18
MyNameJeff

This band is falling apart.
30.10.2015 - 23:52
Westvann

Written by MyNameJeff on 30.10.2015 at 18:18

This band is falling apart.

Bullshit. As long as Per and Henrik is in the band I have no doubts

Kenneth has been in the band since 2004. I can understand that there comes a time to nurture other interests
31.10.2015 - 01:18
Necrotion7

Why is it always amicable..I want bad blood damn it!
31.10.2015 - 02:43
YourRequiem

I guess this will leave a SCAR... on the band.
31.10.2015 - 03:29
Kuroboshi

Written by YourRequiem on 31.10.2015 at 02:43

I guess this will leave a SCAR... on the band.

It would have a better pun if you didn't write it in capitals.

Scar Symmetry have a couple of nice, and a couple of not as fun, records already. I don't really mind if they quit. They had a nice run. But I wouldn't mind if they put out new albums either. Gothenburg was the genre that got me into metal, but lately I've found that I don't really enjoy new stuff in this vein. I prefer to listen to the classics. I've become an old fart I guess. (Note: of course there are some new albums I enjoy.)
31.10.2015 - 10:06
Zadion

That sucks. It's always a shame to see a founding member quit, but I get it.

Hits total: 2115 | This month: 5