Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - New Live Video Unveiled

Nightwish released a strictly limited special tour edition of their most recent album, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, on October 30th via Nuclear Blast. The set comes with a bonus DVD containing all 21 making-of episode for the CD as well as two new, unreleased performance clips for "Yours Is An Empty Hope" and "Stargazers", along with five special clips. The symphonic outfit has now also shared the live video of "Yours Is An Empty Hope" that you find on the DVD. Enjoy it below!

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 04.11.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 215 users
04.11.2015 - 14:55
Gothmog_Motsham

My god what a boring song. These guys need a new guitarist.
04.11.2015 - 16:05
Zenzero
Zenzero
Bad song
04.11.2015 - 17:24
mariano

Written by Guest on 04.11.2015 at 15:11

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 04.11.2015 at 14:55

Ye the song isn't too good. I think it's less Empuu's lack of ability and more Tuomas' creative control governing the weak guitar sections.

Either Empuu has killed his creativity with alcohol or Tuomas doesn't care much about guitars in his music... or both.

But I agree, guitars have become more and more monotonous and generic since the band left the power-symphonic metal behind.
04.11.2015 - 17:41
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
The guitars have become more of a rhythmic chug and less of a lead instrument over the last few albums. Things like that happen when the primary songwriter is a keyboardist who likes orchestration.
04.11.2015 - 18:45
Gothmog_Motsham

Written by mariano on 04.11.2015 at 17:24

Ye the song isn't too good. I think it's less Empuu's lack of ability and more Tuomas' creative control governing the weak guitar sections.

Either Empuu has killed his creativity with alcohol or Tuomas doesn't care much about guitars in his music... or both.

But I agree, guitars have become more and more monotonous and generic since the band left the power-symphonic metal behind.

Well they really should do something about it, maybe keep the rhythm and get a fresh lead guitarist? I would love to hear some acoustic guitars as well. A second guitarist could give them a push, at least in my opinion.
05.11.2015 - 01:00
Westvann

Damn. This was once my favorite band. Now it's utter shit.

I wanted Nightwish to have growls, but as long as the music is boring, it dosen't matter.

This was the band that introduced me to metal as a genre, so I have a lot to thank Toumas and the others for, but I simply can't stand the 3 latest albums.

So sad
05.11.2015 - 09:21
Ruchesko

There were three good songs on Endless Forms Most Beautiful - this wasn't one of them.

Still, at least Troy didn't get a look-in.
05.11.2015 - 15:17
Kais

Floor's voice is absolutely amazing in this, but I would definitely not bet on this song to win any "Creative song of 2015" award, I'll give you that.
06.11.2015 - 10:11
musclassia

I've got a ticket to see them next month, but having seen the setlists they've been touring on, the onyl reason I haven't sold it on yet is because Amorphis are opening. They're playing so much stuff from the new album! The last album wasn't up to snuff, but at least it had some respectable variety in it; this latest album is okay to listen to but has a real dearth of creativity. The fact that this probably is one of the better songs on it really says a lot, and not that much of it good.
06.11.2015 - 11:37
Hellthunder

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 04.11.2015 at 18:45

Written by mariano on 04.11.2015 at 17:24

Well they really should do something about it, maybe keep the rhythm and get a fresh lead guitarist? I would love to hear some acoustic guitars as well. A second guitarist could give them a push, at least in my opinion.

If you listen to Oceanborn/Wishmaster you know Emppu can do some really cool guitar work, so I'm pretty sure it's a conscious decision to tone down the guitar parts as to not take attention away from all the orchestra and choir they've since started using.
Maybe we should actually feel bad for him(?) Playing guitar parts on the later Nightwish albums must be dreadfully boring.

Hits total: 2656 | This month: 8