Metal Storm logo
Sister Sin - Break Up

Swedish heavy metal act Sister Sin are no more. Formed in 2002 in Göteborg (Sweden), the outfit recorded 5 albums and one EP and now broke up surprisingly. The band fronted by Liv Jagrell took a break and the lack of motivation from some of the members means the band is now over.

Sister Sin explained their decision: "As of today, November 7th 2015, Sister Sin is no more. We know this may come as a surprise to many of you; honestly, it kinda took us by surprise too. What was supposed to be a short eight weeks break, suddenly & unfortunately, turned in to the demise of the band.

"We have been touring and recording in a relentless schedule since 2008 and I guess we burned the candle in both ends and hit a wall. When we finally had the opportunity to step back and get some perspective, the motivation for some members in the band just wasn't there any more... Would like to take this opportunity and thank our beloved road crew, Victory Rec, Danger Music, Artery Foundation, TKO & all other great people and companies we worked with these past seven years as a professional touring act.

"Most of all we would like to thank YOU; Our dedicated, devoted, loving and caring fans around the globe! We've truly been blessed to be able to travel the world and meet so very many of you Sinners. Together we managed to sell tens of thousands of albums and achieve what most young bands only can dream of in this day and age. You truly are the sole reason we pushed on for as long as we did and we will cherish the memories forever and never forget your unconditional love!

"It is our hope that the flame will burn once again and hopefully resurrect this Swedish bastard sometime in the future. Time will tell... For now; Au Revoir."

Source: sistersin.com
Band profile: Sister Sin
Posted: 08.11.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 33 users
08.11.2015 - 21:26
Ritual_Suicide
Account deleted
Well fuck.
23.12.2019 - 17:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
The "classic" lineup of the Swedish heavy rock band SISTER SIN will reunite during the summer of 2020. The group has announced that it will perform at the Gefle Metal Festival in Gävle, Sweden and Helgeåfestivalen in Knislinge, Sweden in early July before presumably hitting the road in other parts of the world.

SISTER SIN's 2020 lineup will consist of Liv Jagrell on vocals, Jimmy Hiltula on guitar, Andreas Strandh on bass and Dave Sundberg on drums.

Last Friday (December 20), Jagrell announced that her post-SISTER SIN outfit LIV SIN was "taking a little bit of a break" following the departures of guitarist Chris Bertzell and bassist Tommie Winther. The pair explained in a statement that their exit had been "in development for a while."

SISTER SIN announced its split in November 2015, saying in a statement that the band's "relentless" touring and recording schedule took its toll and "the motivation for some members just wasn't there anymore." However, the group left the door open for a possible comeback, saying: "It is our hope that the flame will burn once again and hopefully resurrect this Swedish bastard sometime in the future. Time will tell?"

Four years ago, Liv told Sleaze Roxx about the end of SISTER SIN: "We toured too much and we got burned out. That's the simple answer. They just felt like they did not want to do this anymore. [In 2015], we had been out for almost four months or something so it's a lot of time away from family. It's a lot of time away from friends. And also just to survive in the business is hard, so I think we maybe worked too hard in the last years."
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1539 | This month: 4