Metal Storm logo
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Reveal New Album Artwork

Symphonic death metal masters Fleshgod Apocalypse have some news about their new album. They have just revealed the cover artwork that will grace the upcoming album King. This artwork was created by acclaimed contemporary artist Eliran Kantor (Testament, Iced Earth, Kataklysm, Hatebreed) and it's quite majestic. See it for yourself below.

Comments the band: "This work of art is nothing more than the picture of an old world coming to an end. The author, Eliran Kantor, perfectly interpreted the concept behind the album. The King represents the last stand of integrity and justice in a court infested by traitors, villains, perverts, parasites and prostitutes. In an era that looks more like the Middle Ages than the 21st Century, we felt the necessity to express our indignation for the constant loss of values and our despise for mediocrity and commercial use of superstitions.

"The question is, are we sure everything that is 'new' is right? Are we sure we are not losing the perception of what is the real value of things? Perhaps the essence of that King lies inside everyone of us but it's just dimmed by the mist of deceit and (ir)rational superfluity. Perhaps we should all hail the King we have inside."

King is scheduled for release in early 2016 via Nuclear Blast Records. The album was tracked at Kick Recording and 16th Cellar studios in Rome, and was mixed and mastered by the world-renowned Jens Bogren (Amon Amarth, At The Gates, Arch Enemy) at Fascination Street studio in Sweden. We will keep you updated on the exact release date and more details as they are revealed.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Fleshgod Apocalypse
Posted: 12.11.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 239 users
12.11.2015 - 14:32
YourRequiem

Really hope it'll be a return form to the Oracle album.
12.11.2015 - 15:18
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Written by YourRequiem on 12.11.2015 at 14:32

You're still holding on to that one? Never gonna happen, sorry.
12.11.2015 - 15:25
Feng

A nice change from the merh covers of Agony and Labyrinth - Agony in particular had a bad case of overproduced "Nuclear Blast" cover syndrome.
12.11.2015 - 18:45
3rdWorld
China was a neat
The album has a lame title but the artwork is wonderfully executed and it sure is much better than last 2 albums' shitty covers.
12.11.2015 - 19:02
Netzach
Planewalker
I don't care much for this band but this cover art is really badass.
12.11.2015 - 19:34
Paz

Is that a Black Knight Sword?
12.11.2015 - 21:01
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by 3rdWorld on 12.11.2015 at 18:45

The album has a lame title but the artwork is wonderfully executed and it sure is much better than last 2 albums' shitty covers.

Indeed.
12.11.2015 - 21:07
Gothmog_Motsham

I was really expecting a Sith Siro Anton cover art. I'm glad I was wrong
12.11.2015 - 21:58
MIXHELL

Written by YourRequiem on 12.11.2015 at 14:32

I hope it too. I more prefer the "clean" technical death metal style which was delivered in Oracles.
12.11.2015 - 22:18
s_t_s

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 12.11.2015 at 21:07

I was really expecting a Sith Siro Anton cover art. I'm glad I was wrong

An artwork done by Sith Siro Anton would look way cooler than this imho... Well as long as music is good, who cares ? I hope the new album will be closer to Agony than to Labyrinth tho. Not a bad album but I don't really enjoy the way all instruments merge together. Think they had found a perfect balance in Agony.
12.11.2015 - 23:02
Gothmog_Motsham

Quote:
An artwork done by Sith Siro Anton would look way cooler than this imho... Well as long as music is good, who cares ? I hope the new album will be closer to Agony than to Labyrinth tho. Not a bad album but I don't really enjoy the way all instruments merge together. Think they had found a perfect balance in Agony.

I think Seth's artworks are repetitive and overrated but I don't know I kind of have a good feeling when I see an album with artworks like this one. I had the same feeling about Heaven Shall Burn's album Veto which is close to this and it turned out OK. We'll just have to wait for the music and find out!
13.11.2015 - 01:43
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Feng on 12.11.2015 at 15:25

Agony in particular had a bad case of overproduced "Nuclear Blast" cover syndrome.

At least it suits an overproduced "Nuclear Blast" sounding band like this. This cover is lame as shit and I don't expect the album to be any better.
13.11.2015 - 01:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
That's a classy artwork. For an album I'll never listen to.
13.11.2015 - 21:58
Opethian

Written by Guest on 13.11.2015 at 01:45

That's a classy artwork. For an album I'll never listen to.

Is somebody fishing for attention?? awwwww ....
13.11.2015 - 22:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 13.11.2015 at 21:58

Is somebody fishing for attention?? awwwww ....

That's a nice, veiled way of sounding offended. Well done.
16.11.2015 - 09:45
theFIST

Surprised to see a new style of artwork for an album of theirs again, but judging by how their sound evolved this fits well

just the flat, single coloured writing is out of place, would be better with a shaped metal look similar to the chair
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
16.11.2015 - 13:49
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
That guy kinda looks like Varg.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 3727 | This month: 6