Metal Storm logo
Deftones - Cancel Rest Of European Tour

If you have been following the news lately, you know that Deftones were supposed to have performed at Le Bataclan in Paris, France the day after the terrorist attacks hit. They had three shows in a row scheduled for Le Bataclan and had been at the venue the day of the attack. Some members of the band and crew were attending the Eagles Of Death Metal concert on Friday night where dozens of fans were killed, but left the venue minutes before the terrorist attack began. Now the band has decided to cancel the rest of the shows on their European tour. They had three more shows to do, in London, Berlin and Cologne.

Here is their statement: "Hello all - Much has been said, as well as seen, on every media outlet about the events in Paris. Some of us were in attendance at the Le Bataclan, and the rest of our family, just blocks away on this night. We have been to Paris many, many times, and we've had some of the most amazing shows in this tremendously electric city. With this being said, and with our deepest condolences, love and respect to everyone affected, and to all of us who share this planet, we must return home to our loved ones. We will return when appropriate. For ticket holders, we will have more information soon, so please hang tight. Until then, please never forget the power of gathering, and one of the most unbelievable feelings of all: that P.M.A. With much love and respect, Deftones."

Deftones have been finalizing their new album as well.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Deftones
Posted: 16.11.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 111 users
16.11.2015 - 17:08
Didymus

Kinda lame and disappointing. We all have to continue to work and live with the same risk. Not a fan of people demanding a free pass for some non-existing reason.

"We will return when appropriate."

I mean, what the fuck is that? I guess we'll never see them again until there's no terrorism in the world anymore.
16.11.2015 - 22:18
Necrotion7

I think its easy to say well they should do this or that but they were at the venue..i imagine that hits alittle to close to home and I don't blame them one bit
17.11.2015 - 00:31
TheShadow

How about some fucking respect for those bands that are doing the logical thing. Thinking about the safety of themselves their crew and their fans. Right now, this crazy shit could happen to any band taking the stage in the area. Maybe even surrounding Euro countries. It's called common sense. Respect for walking away for th time being.

Not to mention it must have been traumatic for Deftones in particular. They attended part of the show AND we're going to play over the weekend.

Hits total: 2061 | This month: 8