Metal Storm logo
Disturbed - Premiere Music Video

Disturbed came back with a bang from their hiatus. With a new album released and tours scheduled (Australia, New Zealand and North America), the successful Immortalized is keeping them busy. Also, they have premiered a new music video for the track "The Light". Directed by Culley Bunker and Craig Bernard, the clip is the second the band releases off of Immortalized. Enjoy!

Vocalist David Draiman explained the meaning of the video: "You know, the only way that you get to appreciate the darkness is by contrasting it with light. I think that people have utilized our music in particular to get them through the difficult periods in their lives, to triumph against adversity, to overcome obstacles. And it's been my experience, with people in my life, or friends that I have or have had, that sometimes those periods in our lives that are dark ones can be so daunting and you let them overwhelm you to the extent that you succumb to hopelessness and you succumb to stagnation. And the truth be told, everything is a pathway. Sometimes you have to go through dark periods in your life in order to find the answer that you need, in order to become stronger, in order to see the light, per se. And it's just putting things in that perspective."

Source: disturbed1.com
Band profile: Disturbed
Posted: 21.11.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 118 users
21.11.2015 - 16:54
cossaisVendeurs

OO-WAH!!!
22.11.2015 - 02:06
YourRequiem

Meh, snorefest.
22.11.2015 - 03:44
Absak

Sounds like a Disney song.
22.11.2015 - 08:31
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I'll never understand how this band became so popular.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
22.11.2015 - 11:04
FYA
Destroyer
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 22.11.2015 at 08:31

I'll never understand how this band became so popular.

Not only you man.
22.11.2015 - 16:20
Sword_Chant

Quote:

Disturbed came back with a bang from their hiatus.

That is highly debatable, a lot of people say that Disturbed had their time, back in the nu metal days of the 2000s. I'd have to agree that compared with their earlier works, their newer videos aren't too memorable anymore.
22.11.2015 - 21:47
Necrotion7

Lyrics are good but I feel that's the only reason this song was chosen..the music on the other hand is boring as fuck..the vengeful one would have been much better...that song actually has some tremolo picking and faster parts..better chorus too
22.11.2015 - 23:14
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Necrotion7 on 22.11.2015 at 21:47

Lyrics are good but I feel that's the only reason this song was chosen..the music on the other hand is boring as fuck..the vengeful one would have been much better...that song actually has some tremolo picking and faster parts..better chorus too

Disturbed always has that ONE song on every album that is actually decent, and then the rest is absolute garbage. It's like they are capable of writing good music, but incapable of recognizing whenever they've actually written something that sounds good. Instead they then turn back to boring nu-metal inspired riffs, rhythms, and singing, completely oblivious to how close they came to stumbling upon a good sound.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
23.11.2015 - 02:03
WorpeX
Made of Metal

They already made a video for Vengeful One.
23.11.2015 - 05:05
Necrotion7

Written by WorpeX on 23.11.2015 at 02:03

They already made a video for Vengeful One.

shows how much I keep up with them lol
23.11.2015 - 05:09
Necrotion7

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 22.11.2015 at 23:14

Disturbed always has that ONE song on every album that is actually decent, and then the rest is absolute garbage. It's like they are capable of writing good music, but incapable of recognizing whenever they've actually written something that sounds good. Instead they then turn back to boring nu-metal inspired riffs, rhythms, and singing, completely oblivious to how close they came to stumbling upon a good sound.

agree 100% its like they are afraid of trying anything new...well they did have like 3 or 4 albums go to number 1 upon release so maybe they have been taking a page from call of duty's playbook ha
23.11.2015 - 16:25
mariano

Written by Necrotion7 on 23.11.2015 at 05:09

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 22.11.2015 at 23:14

agree 100% its like they are afraid of trying anything new...well they did have like 3 or 4 albums go to number 1 upon release so maybe they have been taking a page from call of duty's playbook ha

They have had a formula and now decided to drain it to the last drop... so to make it last longer they have lightened it and softened their sound, which makes this album even more disappointing.

Hits total: 2430 | This month: 3