Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Stream New Song

Megadeth have shared a new song online! In anticipation of the release of their new studio album, the first in three years, Dystopia, the new menacing tune is called "The Threat Is Real". You can listen to the song on the band's official website here. If that link doesn't work for you due to an error, try this. What do you think about it?

Dystopia arrives on January 22nd, 2016 and features the contributions of new guitarist Kiko Loureiro and studio drummer Chris Adler (Lamb Of God).

Tracklist:
01. The Threat Is Real
02. Dystopia
03. Fatal Illusion
04. Death From Within
05. Bullet To The Brain
06. Post American World
07. Poisonous Shadows
08. Look Who's Talking
09. Conquer Or Die
10. Lying In State
11. The Emperor
12. Last Dying Wish
13. Foreign Policy [Fear cover]

"Fatal Illusion", the other new song the band has revealed so far, can be streamed here.

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 26.11.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 310 users
26.11.2015 - 12:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is purpose of this error, s this like banned in EU?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2015 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Bad quality sound, but as song it kick ass, really awesome
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2015 - 13:37
Some Guy
This sounds more like the Megadeth I remember from back in the day. I haven't really liked anything they've done since Rust in Peace, but this, this sounds good to me.
26.11.2015 - 16:48
bblitz
As a diehard fan of this awesome band I was pretty disappointed with last 3 year period
of the band,including albums and live performances.
But now I think Megadeth is back....
26.11.2015 - 17:24
Gwyn
Great song !
26.11.2015 - 17:29
Korah
Megadeth is back after a disgusting Super Collider!
----
Don't cry for my English
26.11.2015 - 18:02
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Sounding good. Dat intro riff fest is fantastic; love those kind of intros! Rather surprised that I'm actually looking forward to new MegaDave for a change.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

26.11.2015 - 20:32
Lit.
Account deleted
Not too shabby. Sounds like something off United Abominations.
26.11.2015 - 21:50
wrathchild
staff
To me there's nothing wrong about this song but there's also nothing special about it. Hope it's a filler, they can do so much more with Kiko.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
27.11.2015 - 05:31
Necrotion7
The drums are so low in the mix and the vocals are really loud
27.11.2015 - 16:43
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
> Song actually doesn't sound half bad
> Is exactly 4:20 in length

Is Dave Mustaine back on the smack?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
28.11.2015 - 04:54
Traezeus
Well... I have to admit: Megadeth has actually far exceeded my expectations for this album based on the two tracks released. Are they amazing? Eh... I don't know if I'd go that far. Do they blow away anything on Supercollider? Hell yes. Although I am a bit biased.. I LOVE Kiko's lead guitarwork.. I don't like Angra though His solo shit jams though... so I'll give this album a spin when it drops. Never been the biggest Megadeth fan but I've been known to enjoy them from time to time.
28.11.2015 - 06:41
Doge of Venice
Am I the only one that thought it wasn't very good? The verse seemed disjointed and monotonous, the chorus was boring and the song was repetitive. I knew that at the end of the chorus there would be pointless wank played over the intro riff, every time. Then the solo section sounded like a piss-poor version of the Hangar 18 solos: he went for the wank-riff-wank-riff structure but it felt rushed and cheap and amateur.

It might open up to me if i heard it in better quality, but it was pretty naff. Lacked energy and power.

I'll take Dialectic Chaos + This Day We Fight as an album intro over this any day.
28.11.2015 - 09:18
Zap
Written by Doge of Venice on 28.11.2015 at 06:41

Am I the only one that thought it wasn't very good?

I'll take Dialectic Chaos + This Day We Fight as an album intro over this any day.

No, I thought it was just plain bad. Sure it sounds better than Super Collider, but that doesn't mean anything; my last shower singing session sounded better than Super Collider.

And I'll take "Blackmail The Universe" over any post-1990 Megadeth album intro any day.
01.12.2015 - 10:29
musclassia
staff
Well, I enjoyed the first 30-45 seconds quite a bit, but the moment the vocals came in it totally lost it. In pretty much the rest of the song, the only parts I enjoyed were the instrumental-only parts. However, those instrumental parts were better than most of the music from the last 2 albums so maybe there might be a bit of a recovery on this album? Can't see this album being anything higher than a 6-7 to be honest
11.12.2015 - 22:26
Megadeth88

Am I the only one that thought it wasn't very good? The verse seemed disjointed and monotonous, the chorus was boring and the song was repetitive. I knew that at the end of the chorus there would be pointless wank played over the intro riff, every time. Then the solo section sounded like a piss-poor version of the Hangar 18 solos: he went for the wank-riff-wank-riff structure but it felt rushed and cheap and amateur.

It might open up to me if i heard it in better quality, but it was pretty naff. Lacked energy and power.

Now I know you're just salty. Go ahead and write something that's better than what you heard and send it to Dave. Maybe he'll listen to your work...
12.12.2015 - 00:51
Doge of Venice
Written by Megadeth88 on 11.12.2015 at 22:26

Now I know you're just salty. Go ahead and write something that's better than what you heard and send it to Dave. Maybe he'll listen to your work...

I think many Megadeth songs, such as Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Die Dead Enough, Trust, Peace Sells, are better than this uninspired rubbish. Just because I dislike this one song does not make me salty.

And all the music I write isn't really thrash, and not really thus comparable by the same objective standards. Could only be called better by subjective standards and that's not a fair comparison.
13.12.2015 - 21:05
Megadeth88
Written by Doge of Venice on 12.12.2015 at 00:51

Written by Megadeth88 on 11.12.2015 at 22:26

I think many Megadeth songs, such as Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Die Dead Enough, Trust, Peace Sells, are better than this uninspired rubbish. Just because I dislike this one song does not make me salty.

And all the music I write isn't really thrash, and not really thus comparable by the same objective standards. Could only be called better by subjective standards and that's not a fair comparison.

Yet you still took the time to make your opinion while being salty. Like I said earlier. Write something that's better than what you heard. Then maybe you won't be considered as being "salty" Just saying...
13.12.2015 - 21:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Since when do we have to produce music to have an opinion on music? I think the only "salty" person here is the person who named himself after a band that's getting criticism.
13.12.2015 - 21:31
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Salty is my popcorn
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.12.2015 - 18:24
Doge of Venice
Written by Megadeth88 on 13.12.2015 at 21:05

Yet you still took the time to make your opinion while being salty. Like I said earlier. Write something that's better than what you heard. Then maybe you won't be considered as being "salty" Just saying...

I took the time to make my opinion, and respond to you, in fact, because I'm not a massive arsehole.

I like Megadave, and I want to hear more good songs. This song was not one.

I've wrote lots. And while some aren't great, I would wager a few are better in the songwriting department than this though I don't even come close to matching the technical ability. You can have a listen if you want. I even have a thread in the forum!
16.12.2015 - 00:32
Megadeth88
Written by Doge of Venice on 14.12.2015 at 18:24

Written by Megadeth88 on 13.12.2015 at 21:05

I took the time to make my opinion, and respond to you, in fact, because I'm not a massive arsehole.

I like Megadave, and I want to hear more good songs. This song was not one.

I've wrote lots. And while some aren't great, I would wager a few are better in the songwriting department than this though I don't even come close to matching the technical ability. You can have a listen if you want. I even have a thread in the forum!

See? Now that came off more respectable and polite. Maybe it's just me. No hard feelings, sir. Sure, I'd like to have a listen to your music on your forum!
27.12.2015 - 18:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 26.11.2015 at 21:50

they can do so much more with Kiko.

yes turning to power metal Angra sound, but same time I don't think he was involved to writing process and only boat Daves do song writing I think. In theory Mustace can handle all guitars in studio, they just need him live. See Kiko in action we need wait next album, but you never know if there will be
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 4129 | This month: 6