Metal Storm logo
Intronaut Drumming

02.12.2015 - 03:27
pcsdrummer
I have been recently playing along to the drums of Intronaut's new album, The Direction of Last Things. I have found the drumming to this album to be very fun to play, just like their other albums, and I really enjoy using the techniques that Danny Walker does. I was wondering if there were any drummers out there that knew of any bands with similar drumming styles to that of Intronaut? Please.. no bands that SOUND like Intronaut, but rather simply use the same drumming techniques. Any bands would be appreciated!
----
PCS
06.12.2015 - 05:55
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Perhaps Tool or Meshuggah?
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
27.12.2015 - 22:16
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by pcsdrummer on 02.12.2015 at 03:27

I have been recently playing along to the drums of Intronaut's new album, The Direction of Last Things. I have found the drumming to this album to be very fun to play, just like their other albums, and I really enjoy using the techniques that Danny Walker does. I was wondering if there were any drummers out there that knew of any bands with similar drumming styles to that of Intronaut? Please.. no bands that SOUND like Intronaut, but rather simply use the same drumming techniques. Any bands would be appreciated!

Interested to know what time signatures Danny Walker uses, if you know?
----
06.01.2016 - 23:03
pcsdrummer
Written by Ace Frawley on 27.12.2015 at 22:16

Written by pcsdrummer on 02.12.2015 at 03:27

Interested to know what time signatures Danny Walker uses, if you know?

He sometimes uses 7/4 and often syncopates measures of 5/4 over other signatures. The main element in his drumming that I enjoy is his use of polyrhythms and odd timed signatures within fills.
----
PCS
07.01.2016 - 08:15
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by pcsdrummer on 06.01.2016 at 23:03

He sometimes uses 7/4 and often syncopates measures of 5/4 over other signatures. The main element in his drumming that I enjoy is his use of polyrhythms and odd timed signatures within fills.

I love that element to his drumming as well. Wish I could play that stuff. I'm a pretty basic 4/4 guy so the stuff Danny Walker does is way out of my league. Sounds so incredibly awesome though.
----
31.05.2016 - 15:05
METAL / ROCK / HARDCORE DRUMMER AVAILABLE!

I'm currently available worldwide for any request of collaboration as a drummer!
Visit my digital presskit in the link below and don't esitate to contact me by mail for any questions!

Digital presskit: http://riccardogrechi.wix.com/officialpresskit

18.07.2016 - 21:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I've checked that too but probably there are few bands that feature the polyrhythmic style of drumming that Danny Walker employs.

Few I would recommend are:

Zach Hill - Can't say if they are polyrhythms but there are surely rapid fire time signatures and tempo changes.

Christian Muhr - Insanely cool polyrhythm. Not sure if he plays in any prominent band but I didn't explore it in detail also.

Nine Inch Nails have put out a lot of polyrhythmic songs ever since their early Downward Spiral days. This is one of my favorites among those.

Jute Gyte is a highly experimental microtonal black metal/noise/ambient band. This is one of their most explosive songs I've heard and it has some good polyrhythms.
https://jutegyte.bandcamp.com/track/the-wind-beneath