Metal Storm logo
Babymetal - New Album In April, World Tour Confirmed

Japanese J-Pop/heavy metal band Babymetal will release its second album worldwide on April 1st, 2016 via earMUSIC. A world tour in support of the record will follow the album's arrival as well. The new release comes two years after the release of their successful debut album. In terms of the new shows, Babymetal will embark on a tour going across the globe and it all begins at the SSE Arena Wembley London on April 2nd, 2016. The band will headline also their first ever show at Tokyo Dome in 2016 to mark the end of the 2016 world tour.

Expect to know more soon.

Source: en.babymetal.jp
Band profile: Babymetal
Posted: 13.12.2015 by nicaZe

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 191 users
13.12.2015 - 19:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Judging by the most recent stuff I'm pretty sure this album will be much more power metal-oriented which is a very big minus, but let's wait and see what we get...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.12.2015 - 19:12
Zap
Written by Karlabos on 13.12.2015 at 19:06

Judging by the most recent stuff I'm pretty sure this album will be much more power metal-oriented which is a very big minus, but let's wait and see what we get...

At least we know it will be terrible.
13.12.2015 - 19:15
Ruchesko

What recent stuff? Their only new song since the debut album has been "Road of Resistance", and that had Herman Li and Sam Totman guesting on it in the same way Marty Friedman and Yngwie Malmsteen have guested on songs by Momoclo Z. I don't imagine Herman Li will be producing the entire album.
13.12.2015 - 19:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Ruchesko on 13.12.2015 at 19:15

What recent stuff? Their only new song since the debut album has been "Road of Resistance",

That's recent stuff, isn't it? =p

I don't imagine Herman Li will be producing the entire album.

Let god hear you
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.12.2015 - 19:32
Ruchesko

Written by Karlabos on 13.12.2015 at 19:22

That's recent stuff, isn't it? =p

Okay, touché. But still, novelty bonus tracks aren't the most reliable indicators of a band's future musical direction - especially one with as many producers as this one.
13.12.2015 - 19:41
FYA
Destroyer
Where is psyko's comment?
14.12.2015 - 00:08
ToxicGriever

To anyone who cares, "kawaii metal" is quickly becoming a thing.

http://www.kawaii-metal.com/

I haven't made up my mind about whether this is a good thing or not.
14.12.2015 - 00:48
MyNameJeff

Can't wait! I prefer their "power metal" side.
14.12.2015 - 01:56
mks

What recent stuff? Their only new song since the debut album has been "Road of Resistance", and that had Herman Li and Sam Totman guesting on it in the same way Marty Friedman and Yngwie Malmsteen have guested on songs by Momoclo Z. I don't imagine Herman Li will be producing the entire album.

"Road of Resistance" is the newest song that you know?
There has been 4 more newer songs since.
Namely, (1) Awadama Fever, (2) Chigau, (3) Soiya, (4) The One
Also, Awadama Fever has been performed in about 20 of their concerts. (Therefore, not really a new song either.)
(Note: The One is not the same song as RoR).

===============================
======================================
Edit, managed to find poor quality fan-cams of their newer songs.
Awadama Fever: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32wtme_babymetal-awadama-fever_music
Soiya: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kDYv1nV1taYfTmejQjT
The One: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5zDLkuplyqlvMejQ0E
14.12.2015 - 02:18
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Power metal is best.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
14.12.2015 - 03:18
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Oooh, new Babymetal arises for to make members waifu and drown in kawaii pop sounds and imagery. I can't wait to pre game for Roadburn with it with Rod-san and Marcel-sama!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.12.2015 - 16:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.12.2015 at 03:18

Oooh, new Babymetal arises for to make members waifu and drown in kawaii pop sounds and imagery.

Such a hot news that Vh1 viciously putting this news in every headlines.

These chicks always get a good gear up pre-new album release.
15.12.2015 - 02:31
cossaisVendeurs

If Takeshi from Mad Capsule Markets is writing some more songs for this album then I'll be happy!
16.12.2015 - 21:37
Lethrokai

Well, it'll be fun to watch people overreact to it all over again at the very least.

Maybe this time they'll just keep the lead singer and ditch the other two's vocals.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
19.12.2015 - 12:40
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by FYA on 13.12.2015 at 19:41

Where is psyko's comment?

I just barely happened into this topic. Why for art thou calling for commentary from the me...?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 3264 | This month: 7