Metal Storm logo
Abbath - Live Guitarist Quits

After the split with Immortal, frontman Olve Eikemo (Abbath) formed Abbath but is already facing another line-up change. Following the recent departure of drummer Kevin Foley (Creature), now it's live guitarist Per Frank Valla who jumps ship. Both cited personal reasons to leave the band while Abbath hasn't addressed any of this so far.

Speaking exclusively with Collide, Valla has offered the following statement: "After having played as session guitarist with Abbath since May this year, I have recently decided that it is time for me to leave the band for personal reasons. I thank the guys for bringing me along on such an awesome ride, and for all the new friends I made in the process. I wish the guys the best of luck in the future."

Valla will continue to play with Vredehammer, who are due to release their new album Violator on February 5th 2016.

As for Abbath, their self-titled debut album will be released on January 22nd, 2016 via Season Of Mist.

Source: collideartandculture.com
Band profile: Abbath
Posted: 16.12.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 139 users
16.12.2015 - 12:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Another drama of 2015 .... seems nothing works good. Good that guy whit horrible mask is out , he don't fits
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.12.2015 - 13:22
Gothmog_Motsham

Seems that Mr. Crab Dance isn't so much fun to play with.
16.12.2015 - 14:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Abbath must be unbearable...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.12.2015 - 14:16
kezzapgurbuz

Menopause abbath
16.12.2015 - 18:06
YourRequiem

Well that escalated quickly
16.12.2015 - 18:38
ANGEL REAPER

Seems like the shits fucked up.... Abbath is falling apart fast ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
16.12.2015 - 20:11
@zgarol

Written by Bad English on 16.12.2015 at 12:31

Another drama of 2015 .... seems nothing works good. Good that guy whit horrible mask is out , he don't fits

I think the whole point of mask is that they can change as many drummers as they want but keep the mask (and the "creature" image).
now who actually dont fit the band imagewise is Tom Cato because of lacking self-irony.
16.12.2015 - 20:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by @zgarol on 16.12.2015 at 20:11

Written by Bad English on 16.12.2015 at 12:31

I think the whole point of mask is that they can change as many drummers as they want but keep the mask (and the "creature" image).
now who actually dont fit the band imagewise is Tom Cato because of lacking self-irony.

I hardly like korpse paint, but this mask, I don't like it ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.12.2015 - 23:29
Mad Arab666

I'm sure Demonaz and Horgh are at home laughing at how fast Abbath is falling apart.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
17.12.2015 - 09:42
Daniell
_爱情_
Abbath is a one-man band with hired musicians. These guys probably left because they were offered too low rates for their live appearances. Abbath will find someone new very soon. All he has to do is to pay them a bit more.

Hits total: 2330 | This month: 10