Metal Storm logo
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Release New Single And Video

Symphonic masters Luca Turilli's Rhapsody just released a brand new single. With only one month until the start of the Prometheus Cinematic World Tour in Europe, the band now presents "Il Cigno Nero [Reloaded]". The original song (from the album Prometheus, Symphonia Ignis Divinus which was released in June via Nuclear Blast) features in its reloaded version new powerful rhythmic guitar parts, a new bass arrangement and some additional orchestrations. Mastermind Luca Turilli has created a lyric video for the new track and you can feast your eyes on it here.

It was re-mixed by Sebastian Roeder and Luca Turilli at the Backyard Studios in Kempten, Germany and re-mastered by Christoph Stickel at the MSM Studios in Munich, Germany. The cover artwork was realized once again by the graphic artist Stefan Heilemann.

Get the song for free at this location.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Posted: 19.12.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 117 users
19.12.2015 - 14:06
Kais

This version is even worse than the original. Oh Luca.
19.12.2015 - 16:17
IcePickLodger

The album sounds really bad, but this version is perfect!
19.12.2015 - 19:52
YourRequiem

Oh Luca, what happened to you? I miss the neo-classical, symphonic power metal days of your band and now we get this crap?.. Oh well, at least we still have Rhapsody of Fire new album coming up.
19.12.2015 - 20:22
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by YourRequiem on 19.12.2015 at 19:52

Oh Luca, what happened to you? I miss the neo-classical, symphonic power metal days of your band and now we get this crap?.. Oh well, at least we still have Rhapsody of Fire new album coming up.

But it's "cinematic" or so he keeps saying. This means quieter guitars and far too much orchestration. I reviewed his last album for this site and it started hurting my head after a few spins. It's a shame that with the split of the old Rhapsody, we now have two VERY average bands in its place. The new RoF samples from the upcoming album don't fill me with hope
20.12.2015 - 00:29
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Belegûr on 19.12.2015 at 20:22

But it's "cinematic" or so he keeps saying. This means quieter guitars and far too much orchestration. I reviewed his last album for this site and it started hurting my head after a few spins. It's a shame that with the split of the old Rhapsody, we now have two VERY average bands in its place. The new RoF samples from the upcoming album don't fill me with hope

This album was terrible, I love orchestration but this is just way too over the top. Personally think the new singles sound good from RoF, seems like a step in the right direction.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
20.12.2015 - 08:52
CWA

Written by AngelofDeth on 20.12.2015 at 00:29

Written by Belegûr on 19.12.2015 at 20:22

This album was terrible, I love orchestration but this is just way too over the top. Personally think the new singles sound good from RoF, seems like a step in the right direction.

This album and new single are fantastic. If your the type that prefers to have rhapsody remain more metal sounding rather than go and explore new areas you will definitely have problems with this record. I personally prefer it when an artist takes a risk exploring a new sound that they want to play with. I'm glad to see luca is still inspired to do more than just continue producing the traditional rhapsody sound. More orchestrations and less guitar are welcome as long its done right, and luca has definitely done right.
21.12.2015 - 09:39
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by CWA on 20.12.2015 at 08:52

This album and new single are fantastic. If your the type that prefers to have rhapsody remain more metal sounding rather than go and explore new areas you will definitely have problems with this record. I personally prefer it when an artist takes a risk exploring a new sound that they want to play with. I'm glad to see luca is still inspired to do more than just continue producing the traditional rhapsody sound. More orchestrations and less guitar are welcome as long its done right, and luca has definitely done right.

I have no problem with an artist exploring the more orchestral side of their music and sometimes even prefer it. I even loved the symphonic driven albums Stand Up and Shout by Turisas and even Tuomas' (from Nightwish) pure orchestration solo album. The problem here is it just doesn't sound good. There's just way too much shit going on in the song and remixing and adding even more shit to an overloaded track doesn't help. Sometimes simpler is better.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
22.12.2015 - 05:12
CWA

Written by AngelofDeth on 21.12.2015 at 09:39

Written by CWA on 20.12.2015 at 08:52

I have no problem with an artist exploring the more orchestral side of their music and sometimes even prefer it. I even loved the symphonic driven albums Stand Up and Shout by Turisas and even Tuomas' (from Nightwish) pure orchestration solo album. The problem here is it just doesn't sound good. There's just way too much shit going on in the song and remixing and adding even more shit to an overloaded track doesn't help. Sometimes simpler is better.

I think you would agree that your statement is entirely your subjective opinion. You say it sounds bad, I say it sounds good, who's right? You say there is too much going on, but i say the more layers the better (to an extent) because it gives me a reason to come back and listen to it again and here something that I missed before, which I still am 15-20 spins later. Thanks you for the mention of the Turisas album by the way. I plan on checking it out.

Hits total: 2390 | This month: 4