Metal Storm logo
Motörhead - Frontman Deceased

It has just been announced that the legendary frontman Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister of the UK heavy metallers Motörhead passed away sometime yesterday, December 28th, after a short, aggressive fight with cancer.

The remaining members of the band states: "There is no easy way to say this?our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it's way down the street, with his family.

We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren't words.

We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please... Play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy's music LOUD.

Have a drink or few. Share stories. Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself."

(24 December 1945 - 28 December 2015)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Motörhead
Posted: 29.12.2015 by J. N.

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 76   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 598 users
30.12.2015 - 14:50
musclassia

When a 70-year-old chain smoker and heavy drinker (amongst other things) gets cancer, it's not a government conspiracy, it's an unfortunate inevitability of life. Like Pazd said, when children get cancer through genetics or sheer bad luck, that's awful, but 70 years of living hard catches up eventually, and Lemmy knew the risks. I'm sure he'd also say that he wouldn't've traded a lifetime of fun living for a few more years.
30.12.2015 - 14:55
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Hallford9000 on 30.12.2015 at 14:48

Written by X-Ray Rod on 30.12.2015 at 02:59

Timelord's comment gave me cancer.

+1

+2
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
30.12.2015 - 18:34
ANGEL REAPER

Written by RaduP on 30.12.2015 at 14:55

Written by Hallford9000 on 30.12.2015 at 14:48

Written by X-Ray Rod on 30.12.2015 at 02:59

Timelord's comment gave me cancer.

+1

+2

+3

also fuck cancer!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.12.2015 - 18:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Timelords's comment comes out to be hilarious.
30.12.2015 - 18:53
moe5512

Well, who would've thought?
30.12.2015 - 19:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
30.12.2015 - 20:19
Paz

^ MetalAtog already posted it before
30.12.2015 - 20:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.12.2015 - 04:38
Josantyago

A very sad day for music. We mourn the loss of the ultimate rebel and legend of Rock'n'Roll!
31.12.2015 - 14:00
In Bone Factory

R.I.P. my uncle Lemmy. Stay Rock n Roll in the heaven.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
01.01.2016 - 12:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How came when Norge BM band what once played whit matches or some Geran band what has said they will piss on big house, cant get visa, enter to US, but Lemmy bad ass modafuka, who could say Bill, go fuck Hilary , then you take speedy Stacy,I do your wife , and Mikk boy do her on the mouth ... yes he would possibly say, how such bad ass even get visa and living permit in USA --- gosh why UK are chosen one, I know you cant trust Germans and France, in UE, NATO sometimes, but Norvay, other countries, why he was able get small apartment in LA and green card?
----

apos;'
[image]
03.01.2016 - 02:37
Overrwatcher

Written by Bad English on 30.12.2015 at 04:54

Btw if he had a cancer her refused treatment? ho came he has a hair? where was it? was it In stomack, liver, kidney?=

I can't find anywhere that mentions where the cancer was located, other than it was "extremely aggressive". He celebrated his birthday on the 24th, was diagnosed on the 26th, and passed away on the 28th. No time for chemo or treatment.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
03.01.2016 - 03:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Overrwatcher on 03.01.2016 at 02:37

Btw if he had a cancer her refused treatment? ho came he has a hair? where was it? was it In stomack, liver, kidney?=

I can't find anywhere that mentions where the cancer was located, other than it was "extremely aggressive". He celebrated his birthday on the 24th, was diagnosed on the 26th, and passed away on the 28th. No time for chemo or treatment.

yes when I posted I did not knew date a date when he was diagnosed whit that disease. Maybe I am fool, I hope not I wont get trhis, but if I ever have I wont refuse treatment, its blind, gives fake hopes. My way will be suicide, big knife in a troth ... and I don't joke
Unless in next 2 days we wont be able clone something I know some new ways on troath we close from skin and it means we can speak after surgery
----

apos;'
[image]
05.01.2016 - 00:46
lordz
IzZo
Just saw the documentary on him... from what I saw I'm sure he didn't care if he lived another coupe of years or not... such a hard core old school guy .... RIP Lemmy
05.01.2016 - 11:16
the neverman

Written by Overrwatcher on 03.01.2016 at 02:37

most cancers show (early) warning signs though some do not at all
some of the former can be cured if diagnosed and treated at an early stage, those remain few though and most remain incurable
the latter are discovered at an advanced stage and it is thus too late to do anything, such as stomach cancer for instance, and the "deadline" can be pretty short...
05.01.2016 - 11:27
the neverman

Written by Guest on 30.12.2015 at 01:14

Written by Timelord on 30.12.2015 at 00:50

You don't just catch cancer. Its all the shit they put in food,water,vaccines etc etc.

Yeah, there was no cancer before we started tampering with the water supply, and administering vaccines. It's not like his insane lifestyle could have contributed to the onset of cancer, and it's not like cancer is far more common in people who live to older ages. You know, those ever increasing ages people are living to. And wild animals don't get cancer either, only humans. It's all Bush's fault.

you don't just "catch" cancer indeed, it is here, lurking in the dark and it will eventually show up or not...
at youger ages if bad luck...

like 300 years ago people were mot often dying at younger ages, with no really know cause at that time so maybe its always been there with no word for it...

Hits total: 9140 | This month: 10