Metal Storm logo
Aluk Todolo - Releasing New Album, Stream Songs

The French occult black metallers Aluk Todolo are putting out new music this year. The band is releasing their fourth album, four years after Occult Rock. The new output is called Voix and comes out on February 5th, 2016 on The Ajna Offensive. To help with the wait, you can hear a couple of songs from the new record already. The tracks "8:18" and "5:01" are currently streaming via Bandcamp where you can pre-order the album as well.

How do you like the new songs?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Aluk Todolo
Posted: 09.01.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 46 users
09.01.2016 - 14:18
Zap
Written by Guest on 09.01.2016 at 13:53

Those are placeholder song titles...right? :/

Probably not. They're the length of the songs. I don't think this band likes song titles.
09.01.2016 - 16:30
Zap
Written by Guest on 09.01.2016 at 16:28

I kinda knew they weren't but wished they were :/ At least with the Occult Rock names it came across as a cohesive unit. Here it just comes across as songs with no logical progression or similarity. Not the end of the world though. The songs released so far are great by my estimation.

I actually quite like the idea of using the song lengths as titles. Can't properly explain why, so I won't try, but it goes well with the band's music if you ask me.
09.01.2016 - 17:42
Joe Zombie

I'm glad they're producing a shorter album this time around. Occult Rock was far too long IMO and quite repetitive.
10.01.2016 - 10:28
Sznc

From the two songs, it seems that they are playing progressive metal,with some space-rock influence. In this respect, John Zorn's Simulacrum already beats this for a mile, unfortunately.
10.01.2016 - 14:25
mz

Written by Sznc on 10.01.2016 at 10:28

From the two songs, it seems that they are playing progressive metal,with some space-rock influence. In this respect, John Zorn's Simulacrum already beats this for a mile, unfortunately.

Really? They are too structureless for being a prog metal band.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
10.01.2016 - 14:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ John Zorn!?
Isn't that like... That jazz songwriter which worked with Mike Patton and stuff?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
10.01.2016 - 15:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I wouldn't even call this metal tbh. Kraut-ish influenced noise rock I would say. Had a brief skim of that John Zorn album and only heard some superficial similarities (didn't like it either, though I don't usually like jazz influenced things).
10.01.2016 - 17:25
Sznc

Written by Karlabos on 10.01.2016 at 14:47

^ John Zorn!?
Isn't that like... That jazz songwriter which worked with Mike Patton and stuff?

tbh, Zorn is already a huge figure in the jazz scene that he doesnt really need that connection with Mike Patton. Im not talking down on Patton here, and also it's odd to see that metalheads being unacquainted with Zorn, because the guy is, again, HUGE. His discography really runs across a bit of everything, but for an intro i would say check out Naked City.

@Mz and !J.O.O.E.!: for some reason the phrase "progressive metal" pops into my head when i hear this, but it's just me. Anyway, i agree that it's more correct to say this is is Kraut-influenced noise rock, and while i enjoy this style very much (Dead C comes to mind), these two songs just dont do it for me.
11.01.2016 - 07:26
Diverge

I wouldn't even compare it to Zorn or any of Zorn's projects at all. This is obviously kraut-influenced noise rock and that's it.

Btw, Karl definitely knows who Zorn is. I think he's just bewildered by the comparison.
11.01.2016 - 13:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Diverge on 11.01.2016 at 07:26

I wouldn't even compare it to Zorn or any of Zorn's projects at all. This is obviously kraut-influenced noise rock and that's it.

Btw, Karl definitely knows who Zorn is. I think he's just bewildered by the comparison.

Yes. Bewildered. That's the word.
After all I wouldn't put jazz and krautrock on the same category. (neither would I call that category "progressive metal" =p)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
11.01.2016 - 13:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Sznc on 10.01.2016 at 17:25

@Mz and !J.O.O.E.!: for some reason the phrase "progressive metal" pops into my head when i hear this, but it's just me. Anyway, i agree that it's more correct to say this is is Kraut-influenced noise rock, and while i enjoy this style very much (Dead C comes to mind), these two songs just dont do it for me.

If anything it reminds me very much of Skullflower's early noise rock stuff, only a tad more abrasive and treated with modern production. But something like IIIrd Gatekeeper or Form Destroyer wouldn't be too far off this for me. Probably why I like it so much.

Hits total: 1951 | This month: 5