07. The Unburnt
08. I Want To Die
09. Duat
10. Endure The Silence
11. Storm Of Lies

Staff review by
Dream Taster
Rating:
I remember listening to the debut album of the Tunisian band in 2007 and thinking "I really want these guys to keep making music". I am so glad they still are. Ten years are almost behind us now and a lot has happened since then. The musicians moved to France and released a couple of follow-ups. Desert Call in 2010 had them hone their sound while Tales of the Sands really brought them to another level. With an unchanged lineup, Myrath are back with an ambitious album simply titled Legacy ("Myrath" means "Legacy" in Arabic).

Read more ››
published 19.03.2016 | Comments (4)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 36   Visited by: 709 users
09.01.2016 - 13:53
diamondblack

Man....it's like all Christmases come at ones, Dream Theater, Megadeth , Circus Maximus new albums and now Myrath....in heaven
09.01.2016 - 13:57
slim pickings
Account deleted
Great! I can't wait.
31.01.2016 - 21:24
Rating: 9
BjrnKlingns

Oh my, my.. Belivever is IMO an awesome single from the upcoming Legacy!
06.02.2016 - 18:40
(o> . )

Finally! I am looking forward to this one. Really enjoyed the last record.
14.02.2016 - 11:05
diamondblack

Myrath Legacy available for download on official Myrath bandcamp site http://myrath.bandcamp.com/releases
14.02.2016 - 14:44
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Bland cover artwork... hope that the music is better. "Believe" was decent.
17.02.2016 - 04:44
Rating: 8
iMorphball

Great album, wish they kept the tempo up a bit more though!
19.02.2016 - 00:58
Wolf_13

Brutal album... a true masterpiece
19.02.2016 - 13:38
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Well, this is Kamelot with oriental decoration... Nothing special really...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
19.02.2016 - 23:04
Rating: 7
mariano

I listened this album a couple of times already and it felt quite soft, the heaviness of previous albums is gone.

It seems like they tried to focus more on the melody this time. However, I almost found no melody or chorus that would appeal to me except for 2 songs: Believer and The Needle, the rest is quite boring.

After 5 years with no releases they come back with such a weak album... how this happened?
20.02.2016 - 18:13
masterofdisguise

Very good album. Tbh, I don't know if I prefer this or their previous one, as there is almost no improvement over it, but both are good anyways. Thumbs up for the bonus track.
24.02.2016 - 16:20
Rating: 3
Hellcult

This is terrible...
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
24.02.2016 - 16:22
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Hellcult on 24.02.2016 at 16:20

This is terrible...

can you explain?
24.02.2016 - 16:30
Hellcult

Written by Guest on 24.02.2016 at 16:22

This is terrible...

can you explain?

music has change these days, sounds like pop music and they call it 'metal'. I like check top 10 once a while just to see them 'amaizing' bands rated 8-9 and most of them is not even close to metal!, where is trash,black, death, heavy, power metal and grind ?! cos i can't see many of those metal bands anymore just some pop rubish 'bands'....
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
25.02.2016 - 10:34
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Hellcult on 24.02.2016 at 16:30

This is terrible...

can you explain?

music has change these days, sounds like pop music and they call it 'metal'. I like check top 10 once a while just to see them 'amaizing' bands rated 8-9 and most of them is not even close to metal!, where is trash,black, death, heavy, power metal and grind ?! cos i can't see many of those metal bands anymore just some pop rubish 'bands'....

If you are into extreme metal, well them it's no surprise you don't like Myrath.
Calling Myrath pop rubish, it's a bit too much. They are surely catchy, especially on their last 2 albums, but they're not pop music (if you ask me).

You said "most of them is not even close to metal!" - only a metal purist would say that (no offense intended). It's like saying "if it's not metal, it's bad".
28.02.2016 - 16:26
Rating: 10
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Where's the track "Other Side"? <_<
28.02.2016 - 23:54
MetalManic

Written by K✞ulu on 19.02.2016 at 13:38

Well, this is Kamelot with oriental decoration... Nothing special really...

That's what came to mind for me as well. I just listened to Black Halo a few days ago and this reeks of it.
29.02.2016 - 10:18
yeah1980

For sure they dropped some prog, smoothed the production, and added melody/symphony.
But still I consider this an excellent album, it sounds very catchy but without songs that get stuck into your brains in annoying ways.
Anyway I hope they will not exaggerate going too far this direction for the next album...
----
"Be water, my friend" (Bruce Lee)
01.03.2016 - 21:30
mariano

Written by Guest on 25.02.2016 at 10:34

Written by Hellcult on 24.02.2016 at 16:30

This is terrible...

can you explain?

If you are into extreme metal, well them it's no surprise you don't like Myrath.
Calling Myrath pop rubish, it's a bit too much. They are surely catchy, especially on their last 2 albums, but they're not pop music (if you ask me).

You said "most of them is not even close to metal!" - only a metal purist would say that (no offense intended). It's like saying "if it's not metal, it's bad".

While few bands are criticized for getting heavier with each new release (such as Symphony X, for instance) it happens more often the other way around -at least within Metal Storm.

I think the right balance between heaviness and musicianship is as subjective as a matter of taste. However, I don't think this band became pop, just more accessible perhaps
02.03.2016 - 09:15
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by mariano on 01.03.2016 at 21:30

[
While few bands are criticized for getting heavier with each new release (such as Symphony X, for instance) it happens more often the other way around -at least within Metal Storm.

I think the right balance between heaviness and musicianship is as subjective as a matter of taste. However, I don't think this band became pop, just more accessible perhaps

it is an easy listen, "accessible" like you say, but definitely not pop, but unfortunately (some) people call "pop" anything that is catchy
02.03.2016 - 10:49
Kuroboshi

Written by Guest on 02.03.2016 at 09:15

it is an easy listen, "accessible" like you say, but definitely not pop, but unfortunately (some) people call "pop" anything that is catchy

If catchy music is pop, then Bloodbath is one hell of a pop band. :D

On topic, haven't had the chance to listen to this yet, but I really like their previous albums. I'm usually not a fan of overly progressive-oriented metal, with some few exceptions here and there, but these guys really manage to make the music fun to listen to. And it seems like they have reduced the progressive side of it. Perhaps I'll like this even more than their previous ones.
02.03.2016 - 15:45
mariano

Written by Kuroboshi on 02.03.2016 at 10:49

Written by Guest on 02.03.2016 at 09:15

If catchy music is pop, then Bloodbath is one hell of a pop band. :D

On topic, haven't had the chance to listen to this yet, but I really like their previous albums. I'm usually not a fan of overly progressive-oriented metal, with some few exceptions here and there, but these guys really manage to make the music fun to listen to. And it seems like they have reduced the progressive side of it. Perhaps I'll like this even more than their previous ones.

If you compare all their albums, it feels like their influences/inspiration gradually moved from Symphony X to Kamelot.

The last album features more symphonic elements than progressive (if any), in my opinion. There's probably less use of traditional oriental instruments in the arrangements too.
05.03.2016 - 21:29
Nicko's Nose

Looks like that immature idiot Tony Montana is down rating every album in the top 10 so his favorite albums of the year get higher in the top 10. Pathetic.
07.03.2016 - 18:13
Rating: 4
PanzerPriest

This is fucking pop tunes played with metal instruments. Total bullshit
08.03.2016 - 00:08
Rating: 5
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^Apparently you're not the first one to say that in this thread
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
11.03.2016 - 07:13
Nicko's Nose

Written by PanzerPriest on 07.03.2016 at 18:13

This is fucking pop tunes played with metal instruments. Total bullshit

So basically everything that isn't metal is shit, right?

Pop tunes played with metal instruments? I don't see anything wrong with that. But then again, I'm open minded.
11.03.2016 - 20:44
Rating: 10
Myrath demonstrates a high artistic level through this album. All the songs are very well done. This is a true master piece.
16.03.2016 - 12:32
Night Angel

Don't missconfuse the concept of progressive metal with "this"
16.03.2016 - 12:42
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Night Angel on 16.03.2016 at 12:32

Don't missconfuse the concept of progressive metal with "this"

"missconfuse"? what does it mean?

Myrath's sound is more power than prog, it can be called progressive because of the mix of folklore in it, making it a successful little experiment.
18.03.2016 - 20:13
Rating: 5
strade

Unfortunately, this album continues the watering down of Myrath's music that began on Tales of the Sands. I still liked that album quite a bit despite its more commercial sensibilities, but I can't get into this one at all.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com

Hits total: 13594 | This month: 91