Metal Storm logo
German Folklore

15.03.2007 - 03:05
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I am looking for some interesting tale's, myth's and legend's of German folklore. Unfortunately there is not a lot of information out there, there are stories based off lore found in the Brother's Grimm Fairy Tale's, but for the most part Norse/Scandinavian myth seems to be one in the same as German myth's. One of the most interesting thing's I've come accross is Krampus, also known as Knecht Ruprecht and the female version named Perchta.
So I am aware of some thing's, mostly the popular storie's that have survived the age's, but if anyone know's anything at all do feel free to add it here.
15.03.2007 - 10:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good tread also comlicated and hard

ok try folk/accustic band Carved in Stone

Hawe you read story about Nieberlunger really dunno how spell it, maybe some german can help it has same meaning how in France song about Roland, and tristan and Isolda, historical ephos, who has written in thos edays when germans was half cristians and halp pagans,

Brotthers Grimms man its good just yesteday I saw new movie about Imo its Snow white(movie was in polish tv so title was Snezka)
Maybe im to old for such tales but I better prefere read and watch such movies who bassed on those stories, beter those how japanish non senc voilnance stuff
Damn how happy can be czceha nd slovak, hungarian and polish small kids thay still live hit such stories.

About Scandinavia well using my german knowlage i understand swedish when i was there

@Scarrowed Muse - you speek german?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2007 - 08:01
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Bad English on 15.03.2007 at 10:21

Brotthers Grimms

who were brother Grimm and tristan? I've heard about bro. grimms, but don't know much about them.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
09.04.2007 - 15:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Paganblood on 09.04.2007 at 08:01

Written by Bad English on 15.03.2007 at 10:21

Brotthers Grimms

who were brother Grimm and tristan? I've heard about bro. grimms, but don't know much about them.

Thay was famouse farytell writers a lot of movies(if we can call them movies) has made beased to them storoes

http://www.grimmfairytales.com/en/main

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/grimm/index2.html

Best site

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~spok/grimmtmp/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.04.2007 - 07:54
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@K& Thanks a lot for the link, quite informative it was, and there were stories as well!
----
that which shines without names and forms...