Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Share New Song

Lords of Italian symphonic metal Rhapsody Of Fire have released another song from their new forthcoming album Into The Legend, due out very soon on January 15th via AFM Records. Embrace the power of the legend with the new track "Distant Sky", now streaming below.

"Distant Sky" comes after the release of the first track "Into The Legend" as well as the majestic video clip for "Shining Star". What are your thoughts on the new tracks?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 14.01.2016 by Gothmog_Motsham

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 129 users
14.01.2016 - 15:46
Dinruth

That was actually not bad ... revives my hopes for the album
14.01.2016 - 16:15
blackmat

Now this is much better
14.01.2016 - 16:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Gosh its lame, medeteranioan countries somehow cant play power metal, germans do it better , maybe to warm air there
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.01.2016 - 17:11
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Bad English on 14.01.2016 at 16:17

Gosh its lame, medeteranioan countries somehow cant play power metal, germans do it better , maybe to warm air there

Of course they can, it's just usually a different style. Just like Scandinavian power metal varies from German as well.
14.01.2016 - 17:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 17:11

Of course they can, it's just usually a different style. Just like Scandinavian power metal varies from German as well.

those 2 don't suck so much
----

apos;'
[image]
14.01.2016 - 17:48
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Bad English on 14.01.2016 at 17:17

Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 17:11

those 2 don't suck so much

All 3 have plenty of bands who suck.
14.01.2016 - 17:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 17:48

[

yes but % PM in Italy sucks more as in Scandi and Ger
----

apos;'
[image]
14.01.2016 - 17:58
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Bad English on 14.01.2016 at 17:50

Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 17:48

[

yes but % PM in Italy sucks more as in Scandi and Ger

I'd love to read your scientific findings on the quality of music from a country
14.01.2016 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 17:58

]

I'd love to read your scientific findings on the quality of music from a country

Italian Pm never worked to me, seems they just write about fantasy, not live in own twilight world as BG did and many other bands
----

apos;'
[image]
14.01.2016 - 19:28
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Bad English on 14.01.2016 at 18:14

Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 17:58

]

Italian Pm never worked to me, seems they just write about fantasy, not live in own twilight world as BG did and many other bands

Blind Guardian? Really? An album about The Silmarillion, songs about the Multiverse of Michael Moorcock, numerous Stephen King songs. Most of their songs are about fantasy.
14.01.2016 - 22:25
DeathSlyzer

Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 19:28

Blind Guardian? Really? An album about The Silmarillion, songs about the Multiverse of Michael Moorcock, numerous Stephen King songs. Most of their songs are about fantasy.

I cmpletely agree with you here. It does however seem to be somewhat pointless to continue discussing with this guy. I'm almost surprised you were actually able to make sense of what he was saying.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
15.01.2016 - 01:59
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by DeathSlyzer on 14.01.2016 at 22:25

Written by Belegûr on 14.01.2016 at 19:28

I cmpletely agree with you here. It does however seem to be somewhat pointless to continue discussing with this guy. I'm almost surprised you were actually able to make sense of what he was saying.

Yeah, he's bloody everywhere on this site and talks absolute pish every time.
15.01.2016 - 05:22
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I swear to god, bad english f*cking trolls every damn thread anymore with his nonsense. Does MS have a block feature? Tired of discussions being spammed and cluttered with his garbage.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
15.01.2016 - 13:21
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 15.01.2016 at 05:22

Does MS have a block feature?

Yes, it does. Click on his profile and then below his profile picture select "ignore". You won't be able to see the user's posts anymore.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.01.2016 - 14:36
DREAMASTER

What a great album. Dind't expectd that would be ths good. Great songs, very heavy and powerrful, great riffs and guitar solos and amazing orchestrations \m/

Much better than the snoozefest of Lucas's new album.
15.01.2016 - 14:54
Kais

Welcome back, good old Rhapsody Of Fire
16.01.2016 - 04:44
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by DREAMASTER on 15.01.2016 at 14:36

What a great album. Dind't expectd that would be ths good. Great songs, very heavy and powerrful, great riffs and guitar solos and amazing orchestrations \m/

The music on this album is great. My ONLY gripe after one listen through is that the choruses aren't as catchy as they seem to be trying to be... but it's only one listen so far.
----
16.01.2016 - 12:36
DeathSlyzer

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 16.01.2016 at 04:44

The music on this album is great. My ONLY gripe after one listen through is that the choruses aren't as catchy as they seem to be trying to be... but it's only one listen so far.

And that is probably because there are some very sudden key changes in some of these songs. Voice In The Cold Wind might be the best example. Let me just say right now that I really enjoy the unexpected aspect of music, but this can really feel forced and dull at times. Yeah, it seems like a solid enough album, but they still need to work on their songwriting skills.
----
16.01.2016 - 16:45
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

Written by DREAMASTER on 15.01.2016 at 14:36

Interesting. I found the choruses to be a lot better than recent efforts. Rage Of Darkness, Distant Sky and Valley Of Shadows impressed me. I like the album more with each listen.
16.01.2016 - 21:04
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by DeathSlyzer on 16.01.2016 at 12:36

And that is probably because there are some very sudden key changes in some of these songs. Voice In The Cold Wind might be the best example. Let me just say right now that I really enjoy the unexpected aspect of music, but this can really feel forced and dull at times. Yeah, it seems like a solid enough album, but they still need to work on their songwriting skills.

Yeah, I especially noticed those abrupt key changes on Distant Sky and Into the Legend. However, those are two of my favorites choruses on the album. I'm talking more about other songs, like Realms of Light, Winter's Rain, and Rage of Darkness... great musically, but then they try to hit you with this big epic chorus that ends up just sounding forgettable.

I'm two listens through now, and I'm thinking it probably falls somewhere in the 8 - 8.5 range. Definitely a solid release.
----
17.01.2016 - 02:23
DeathSlyzer

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 16.01.2016 at 21:04

Written by DeathSlyzer on 16.01.2016 at 12:36

Yeah, I especially noticed those abrupt key changes on Distant Sky and Into the Legend. However, those are two of my favorites choruses on the album. I'm talking more about other songs, like Realms of Light, Winter's Rain, and Rage of Darkness... great musically, but then they try to hit you with this big epic chorus that ends up just sounding forgettable.

I'm two listens through now, and I'm thinking it probably falls somewhere in the 8 - 8.5 range. Definitely a solid release.

Maybe they were trying to make something that would sound epic, but not cheesy. I guess that would be what I would try to go for as well, if I were to write something in this genre. Most of the really "good" melodies have kinda been used, and it would probably end up being a rehash of a rehash. So this might be an attempt at originality, but it certainly doesn't always work.

I would agree on somewhere around an 8. Probably not album of the year material, but still a fun listen.
----

Hits total: 2136 | This month: 3