Metal Storm logo
Van Canto - Release Lyric Video For New Single

How about a new song from German a cappella power metal band Van Canto? They will release a new album called Voices Of Fire on March 16th, 2016 via earMUSIC. As a first taste of the new release, the band brings you the lyric video for the first single "Clashings On Armour Plates," which can be viewed below. "Clashings On Armour Plates" marks a new chapter in Van Canto's musical story - metal vocal musical. The first song of the album to see the light of day perfectly demonstrates that the six musicians of Van Canto are not only able to imitate instruments such as guitars, basses and keyboards but first and foremost tell stories.

The band has teamed up with German bestseller author Christoph Hardebusch who is going to release his new fantasy novel "Feuerstimmen" on March 17th, 2016 on Piper Verlag. The audio book for which Van Canto set the 17 bard songs included in the story to music will be released on the same day.

Working hand in hand on this crossover media project, Van Canto and Christoph Hardebusch created a whole new world filled with competing kingdoms, epic battles, dragons, of course the element fire and bards. It is hard to define if the novel influenced the music - or if it was the other way around.

Van Canto will tour throughout Europe in March and April 2016. Confirmed dates and venues are:

March 18 - Leipzig - Hellraiser
March 19 - Zlin - Masters of Rock Cafe
March 20 - Prague - Meet Factory
March 24 - London - O2 Islington
March 25 - Tilburg - O13
March 26 - Vosselaar - Biebob
March 27 - Paris - Le Petit Bain
March 31 - Vienna - Szene
April 1 - Pratteln - Z7
April 2 - Munich - Backstage
April 3 - Stuttgart - Im Wizemann
April 9 - Hannover - Musikzentrum
April 10 - Berlin - Lido
April 15 - Oberhausen - Turbinenhalle
April 16 - Hamburg - Markthalle
April 17 - Frankfurt - Batschkapp

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Van Canto
Posted: 14.01.2016 by nicaZe

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 66 users
15.01.2016 - 02:21
cossaisVendeurs
Riddly-diddly-diddly-diddly!!
15.01.2016 - 05:20
Shaytaan666
Guys, I am no expert in classifications of Metal bands but would somebody please tell me why is this band considered "Metal"

Thanks!
15.01.2016 - 10:23
silenius
Noooooo just staaahp please!!
15.01.2016 - 13:19
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
"This video is not available..."

Besides every Van canto video is about the same. I bet it's about the band playing the song on a fancy place.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.01.2016 - 13:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Karlabos on 15.01.2016 at 13:19

"This video is not available..."

Besides every Van canto video is about the same. I bet it's about the band playing the song on a fancy place.

The video is working fine for me. Maybe it is region blocked?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2238 | This month: 5