Metal Storm logo
Metallica - ...And Recording For All

The following update has been posted on metallica.com today (14 March):

"Metallica left the comfort of HQ this week to descend upon the greater Los Angeles area to begin recording their 9th original album. This is the first time they've recorded outside of the Bay Area since they spent an eternity at One-On-One Studios recording The Black Album in '90 and '91. The last couple days have been devoted to each band member working out the right sounds, including Lars who remembered to turn on the snare and Kirk who played a solo! The big, shiny red button was finally pushed today - and the wait begins."

Some pictures of the band recording the follow-up of 2003's "St. Anger", can be found at this location.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 15.03.2007 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   Visited by: 43 users
16.03.2007 - 08:56
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Doc G. on 16.03.2007 at 07:48

Im gonna quote Kerry King on this (excuse me if its not exact wording) "I dont know why Rick Rubin would produce for Metalica, there a sinking ship"

King said that? Haha good on him, agreed! Where'd you hear/read that from?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.03.2007 - 08:58
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
Written by Guest on 15.03.2007 at 19:15

but (be-head me if you like) I don't think St.Anger was THAT bad though.
I mean, it was metallica taking a step in the "right" direction if you think about how the fans want it.
they got "heavy" again, ok so there weren't any guitar solos, but not every metal album needs one, besides,
that album seems to me more like a "therapy" album than anything else.
Tbh I love the lyrics on "My World" and "Invisible Kid", and I love how James voice adapts to yet another
"unheard" Metallica style.

I've been listening more to St.Anger recently than both "Load" and "Re-load", hell even "Black Album", and tbh, I find Black Album a bit "boring", no way if I could listen to the whole record in one piece (bad english kk? =( )

It's good to hear that Metallica are growing "balls" again, and I think that ill love the new metallica album, not because it's a work of genius, or masterminds, just simply 'cos it's Metallica, and that I grew up with them..

For me, Metallicas variety IS Metallica, but ofc, the "4 golden ones" --> everything they've made, but for me, after being a heavy fan of them for soon 11 years, it's still not boring listening to them, 'cos of the variety..

Anyways, Can't wait to hear the new album, and I hope that as few Metallica fans as possible will be disappointed ('cos face it, many will)

//Greetings from the icy-north..

i wont be head you, because i kind of feel the same way. i prefer to hear the whole St. Anger album than to hear a full LOAD or RELOAD. yes those two have timeless songs in them, but the whole 2 albums are worse than St. Anger.

as for Black Album, then put up the gallows for me as well. i always foudn it to be a bit boring but again, some songs are timeless.

nothing says metallica like the first four albums, where every freaking song counts.

as for the St. Anger with Solos (meaning the new album) i hope they dont continue St. Anger style of music and cheassy lyrics. but then who knows, they have always amazed us in the past, and history repeats itself (i hope)

i for one cant wait to hear the new album but iam not keeping my hopes up like i did when we first heard about St. Anger being the heaviest they ever did.
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
16.03.2007 - 13:48
Asitis

Written by SETHULHU on 16.03.2007 at 08:58

i prefer to hear the whole St. Anger album than to hear a full LOAD or RELOAD. yes those two have timeless songs in them, but the whole 2 albums are worse than St. Anger.

as for Black Album, then put up the gallows for me as well. i always foudn it to be a bit boring but again, some songs are timeless.

I guess i understand why you'd say that. Load nor ReLoad were real 'metal'. They're way more rock. I agree, St Anger is way more metal then those 2. But you can't say Load is a shitty album, because it is a outstanding album, just not ment for metallica. So Load is a outstanding rock album, and St Anger is a (quite shitty) metal album.
Everyone that's not a strict, close-minded metalhead can see that.
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
16.03.2007 - 18:18
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
Written by Asitis on 16.03.2007 at 13:48

and St Anger is a (quite shitty) metal album.

my point exactly.
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
16.03.2007 - 20:14
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
It can't possibly be worse than St. Anger, so they can only go up in my opinion. Still doubt this one will come close to their first five albums though.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
16.03.2007 - 22:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Xtreme Jax on 16.03.2007 at 08:56

Im gonna quote Kerry King on this (excuse me if its not exact wording) "I dont know why Rick Rubin would produce for Metalica, there a sinking ship"

King said that? Haha good on him, agreed! Where'd you hear/read that from?

Cant remember, it was said shortly after St.Angry came out.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.03.2007 - 04:29
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I dunno, I love almost all metallica albums including load, reload and the black album. However, St.Anger Sucks.

Long as its not this Nu metal bs, I think the album will be fine.
17.03.2007 - 12:17
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by WorpeX on 17.03.2007 at 04:29

I dunno, I love almost all metallica albums including load, reload and the black album. However, St.Anger Sucks.

Same with me. As from now on, I have really low expectations for this album - so I can only get pleasantly surprised if it's good and not disappointed.

Face it people, the good old Metallica days are long gone... But I'm sure they can surpass even Load and ReLoad, the question is only if they will....
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
17.03.2007 - 17:35
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Well Metallica's controlled by an idiot (Lars) so I don't know if we're ever going to get another Metallica like they were in the 80's, but with Rick Rubin I hope they'll at least make an album like the "Black Album" .
18.03.2007 - 01:21
X-FrEaK

Kerry King is fucking cocky!! i read in a portuguese magazine that it was impossible to make another " Clash of the Titan's Tour"(I guess it was the name of the tour, im too lazy to go check the magazine lol) because Slayer are way better than Megadeth now...geez...even if true i hate cocky people...and "The System has Failed" is a really great album tbh
----
18.03.2007 - 15:07
~Nagash~
Account deleted
So cool, a new album of Metallica
09.04.2007 - 02:07
Goat-Christ

I'm not going to hold my breath for the new Metallica album because last time I did my hopes were crushed by an album entitled "St. Anger". I'll just wait and find out if it's good or not.

As opposed to Kerry King being cocky... at least Slayer stayed heavy. Even when albums like "Diabolos In Musica" and "God Hates Us All" weren't that great, they were still, at least, a Metal band. They still had a mouthful of hatred being spewed into your ears and never stopped playing guitar solos or compromised their sound to reach a "wider audience". I think what King said was funny because he's almost right. If Metallica doesn't turn it around this time then they have dug their own grave. Slayer redeemed themselves with "Christ Illusion" so let's see if Metallica can do the same.
08.01.2008 - 06:39
Nyxgrinder

Written by Guest on 15.03.2007 at 14:50

Let's hope for a new "Master of Puppets" or "Ride the lightning" xD
though I really really doubt it >.<

Enjoy those albums, and get use to get dissapointed by a band who no longer cares about you, now they are after all those emo fans.
23.08.2008 - 13:26
stygian

Written by Endoftherainbow on 15.03.2007 at 20:07

If Rick Rubin can't fix them they're fucked.

why is that, last time i checked Rick Rubin still hasent taken over heaven...

(or hell)
23.08.2008 - 13:29
stygian

Written by Goat-Christ on 09.04.2007 at 02:07

I'm not going to hold my breath for the new Metallica album because last time I did my hopes were crushed by an album entitled "St. Anger". I'll just wait and find out if it's good or not.

As opposed to Kerry King being cocky... at least Slayer stayed heavy. Even when albums like "Diabolos In Musica" and "God Hates Us All" weren't that great, they were still, at least, a Metal band. They still had a mouthful of hatred being spewed into your ears and never stopped playing guitar solos or compromised their sound to reach a "wider audience". I think what King said was funny because he's almost right. If Metallica doesn't turn it around this time then they have dug their own grave. Slayer redeemed themselves with "Christ Illusion" so let's see if Metallica can do the same.

so youre simply not allowing a band to change, its almost asif Metallica are your employees... when are you gonna sack em then??

Hits total: 3234 | This month: 15