Metal Storm logo
Isis

Original post

Posted by Sekhmet, 15.03.2007 - 16:03
When I fell upon Isis' latest album In the absence of truth in a musical store, I remembered the album also happened to win MS Post-Metal award... And since I've began browsing this genre after discovering Cult of Luna last year, I said: "What the heck, let's give Isis a try!" Well, I'm not used to congratulating myself, but this was a pretty good idea

The album is a bit heavier than what I expected, but still I found it really beautiful and original, and it makes me want to hear more of them!!

Since I couldn't find any Isis thread, I've just created this one to let everyone discuss the band, and I expect recommendations on their previous material I was thinking of giving Oceanic a try anyway.

So, what do you think?
26.11.2015 - 18:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Netzach on 21.08.2015 at 20:22

ISIS are awesome. Favorite album fluctuates constantly between Celestial and Panopticon. Fans of early ISIS really need to check out vocalist Aaron Turner's new band, Sumac. Ridiculously heavy music, complete with Turner's trademark screaming.

People seem to be ignoring this album, Sumac's debut and it's a damn shame because it is so good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.11.2015 - 19:15
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by BloodTears on 26.11.2015 at 18:37

People seem to be ignoring this album, Sumac's debut and it's a damn shame because it is so good.

It's really great indeed. You can definitely hear some ISIS in Sumac but the riffs are a bit more "progressive" if that's the right word. I read that they are working on the next album already. Maybe I'll find the source and add as news!
18.05.2016 - 02:14
Ganondox

Written by Candlemass on 17.12.2014 at 10:47

Written by Guest on 21.07.2014 at 11:47

It's funny now when I hear the name Isis I can only imagine that it stands for "Islamic state in Irag and Syria".

Not only you - they had to change their facebook page name.

I heard talk they might be reuniting, anything to that?