Metal Storm logo
Beseech

22.05.2006 - 21:28
Ernis
狼獾
Lets reopen this thread dedicated to Beseech which we may consider one of the most original and fine gothic representatives in this good earth.
Share your impressions of their five amazing albums and tell why do you like them and why do you find them special.

I personally have always liked them for they awaken calm feelings and help you cry yourself empty when it is necessary but their music may also fill you with energy....

and yes.....I have had experienced with other bands too that have some moments that resemble Beseech's atmosphere but still I haven't yet heard a band that had a similar distinctive sound like they do......you'll definitely notice it when you listen to it more thoroughly.....
23.05.2006 - 14:43
Arwen
I agree with you on their special gift to awake silent emotions and sometimes fill with energy...I like to listen them at night, cause then I find in them kind of special message for me.
The most I like Soul's Highway cause its atmosphere is the most calm and beautiful, if anybody wants to understand it then I suggest to listen to the song "Sunset 28" You could catch the perfect feeling from that song.

But as you know the vocals haven't been always in beseech the same...I like most the last Erik Molarin cause he suits with Lotta Höglin the best I think...First albums were without the female vocals but now it's kind of perfect...
24.05.2006 - 00:37
Nasi2
I used to listen to Beseech some months ago, but when I could finally meet their new album I lost completely my interest in them. I like their romantic-gothic aproach in albums like "From a bleeding heart" or "Black emotions", and I can also appreciate their melancholic, though less powerful second era's "Souls Highway", but then suddenly it all appeared to me as uninteresting and uncolorful. I like Lotta's and Erik's voices, and I find their guitars pretty interesting, but all in all their songwriting bores me, so for me it's been enough Beseech for a while.
24.05.2006 - 23:48
Gathering Storm
Account deleted
I haven't heard that much of Beseech, but almost everything I've heard I've liked... my personal favorites are Higher Level, Addicted, Velvet Erotica and Bitch... I like their lyrics.. and also the vocalist's really deep voice.. I think it's different from all the growls one's used to hear
25.05.2006 - 10:07
clifford
i think there sound is powerful, drama is a really good album...but from a bleeding heart has really nice sad vocals
----
Lonely roses whither and die....
25.05.2006 - 22:35
Ernis
狼獾
I enjoyed Jörgen Sjöberg's voice more...I do not know....somehow it is more serious and more sad and more emotional than Erik's sound....this is so personal....many like Erik much more but I preferred the first singer and I may say I am not the only one....a friend of mine compared Jörgen's voice with Mr. Lordi's and they really sound a bit similar though the music is totally different.....
02.06.2006 - 16:50
Dam3k
Cool band, I used to listen them a lot this summer when I was centrated on the listening of gothic metal comparing it to gothic rock, it's an interesting and catchy band
----

02.06.2006 - 17:08
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
well i really like this band, its the perfect combination of male and female voice, the lyrics are somewhat different due to the explicit sexual orientation but im ok with it, i guess music is a way of expression and you cannot be centered on talking about the same thing all over excellent music
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
03.06.2006 - 14:42
Arwen
WE're going to see them:D at hard rock camp in estonia ...cool ...last time I saw them it was two years ago..
waiting for it really...
and what is to the Jörgen's voice then I like it too ,but you can't compare them, cause you know: with the change of a leadsinger changed the style as well and I just can't imagine Jörgen's voice on Soul's Highway..really...in fact I wouldn't liked it at all...but he's voice matches the deep and dramatic atmosphere and style of first two albums...
I like them aso but still I'm keened on Soul's Highway...and Drama...well, here I must agree with Nasi2 ...I like only Drama from Drama and other songs were boring and too much mainstream for me...IMO I must say...IMO
07.06.2006 - 19:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Beseech re one of gretest Swedisg gothic metal bands, i say thay are best swedish gothic metal band and thay are in my top 5 Swedish metal band list, amazing, amazing music, lyrics and mix whit male and female vocals, great emotional, atmosferi band, but last album its lil bit diferent how others.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.06.2006 - 18:58
DarkMistress
sunset 28 is awesome
----
Wait in fire
07.07.2006 - 08:01
Arwen
well they came to Estonia and I must say it was perfect performance ( second ti e to see them)
all new albums were presented and they voices have turned even better and more beautiful. Though their style had also changed a lot but does it matter if music is good?? not really

Also I had a chance to talk to them and drink a beer Interesting people with interesting ideas. And really friendly. I can just say more that I love them
08.07.2006 - 04:15
Deus Ex Machina
I'm just getting to know this band.I got Soul Highway.The problem is i got them in a batch with a lot of other bands i haven't heard before and i found a lot of stuff i like so it's tough for something to stand out.I'll give Beseech a good listen today,because i just kind of flipped through the songs and i pretty much liked what i heard,and i'm absolutely sure i'll like them from seeing what you wrote etc. anyways...i'll be back with a more complete report when i get to know them a bit more
02.08.2006 - 01:47
Deus Ex Machina
Hehe,just rememebered i said i'd post.
Anyways-too keep a long story short.From what i've heard on Soul Highway,Beseech is a perfect band.I love them!I will surely get more albums cause this seems to be too good to miss out on.
And omg-how perfectly they covered that Abba song...
Damn i'd like to see them live.
25.09.2006 - 14:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 23:48

I haven't heard that much of Beseech, but almost everything I've heard I've liked... my personal favorites are Higher Level, Addicted, Velvet Erotica and Bitch... I like their lyrics.. and also the vocalist's really deep voice.. I think it's different from all the growls one's used to hear

I only can agree whit you werry good lyrics and deep voice, i think this is one o best gothic metal/rock band who write so great lyrics same time play so good music and same time isnt so frezed in emotions, there in muisc ll emeotions are live, my faw song are ''Rainbowman'' and well I just enjoy read all them lyrics
But song from new album hat I get in SM comp, sint so great how previusly, but still I m lil disapointed to thay song, but still its Beseech
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2006 - 21:15
Ernis
狼獾
So now I saw this piece of news that announced that Beseech decided to end its activity....(some obscenities that I shan't type here)

Well....fortunately I saw them this summer....however I wanted to see them MORE....well....let us just hope that they shall act like Emperor....although disbanded, countinuing their concert tours and regrouping from time to time.....
13.11.2006 - 02:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 02.11.2006 at 21:15

So now I saw this piece of news that announced that Beseech decided to end its activity....(some obscenities that I shan't type here)

Well....fortunately I saw them this summer....however I wanted to see them MORE....well....let us just hope that they shall act like Emperor....although disbanded, countinuing their concert tours and regrouping from time to time.....

You saw them in Estonia together, I mean same place and show where/when Tiamat play?

How thay sounds in concert, I mean last album,. I never like it so much, firts 4 was better how last one, but live are live
----

apos;'
[image]
13.11.2006 - 11:10
szultz
Written by Ernis on 02.11.2006 at 21:15

Well....fortunately I saw them this summer....however I wanted to see them MORE....

Well, this summer at HRL was the first time I heard Beseech, and I loved them from first song. I was thinking at the end of the show, this is band I certainly want to see and hear more.

And now when I wisited Beseech's homepage I stumbeled upon this dissapointing news ... Sierra-Hotel-India-Tango!

About the band ... Jürgens vocals (in Black Emotions, haven't heard anything from first album) appeal to me more than Erik's, though I like their newer albums also. Also for me Lotta sounds better with Jürgen, more contrast between their timbers.

Kariasakis7: Lost was killer in live, I can't remember what other songs they played from Sunless days, but Lost was awesome.
----
m/ - Tonight I´m laughing, Tomorrow I'll be dead ...
13.11.2006 - 23:11
Ernis
狼獾
They also played the song from "Black Emotions"...it was the song originally performed by Jörgen..."Manmade Dreams"...one of their best songs.....this gig of them was way too short.....they had so many wonderful songs that just did not fit into this one hour.....
14.11.2006 - 00:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 13.11.2006 at 23:11

They also played the song from "Black Emotions"...it was the song originally performed by Jörgen..."Manmade Dreams"...one of their best songs.....this gig of them was way too short.....they had so many wonderful songs that just did not fit into this one hour.....

I love Rainbowman, its all time my fav song of them also ManMade Dreams are good too, but I dont count them songs good or bad, because Beseech are Beseech and first 4 album songs I love all
----

apos;'
[image]
14.11.2006 - 09:35
szultz
Manmade Dreams (2005 remake) is on somekind of limited edition of Sunless Days too...

Well, yes gig was too short, I lost what had been left of my voice chanting them back ...
----
m/ - Tonight I´m laughing, Tomorrow I'll be dead ...
21.12.2006 - 16:44
Arwen
well yes I have bad news for each and everyone who loves them

I'm totally unhapy though I hope that their desicion was right done...

A official statement from BESEECH
All of us in the band have come to the sad conclusion to put Beseech to rest for good. The decision has not been easy because this has been a really big part of our personal lives for many years. We have met so many great people through the music and really loved what we have done. We are proud of the work that we have achieved.

However we cannot hide from the fact that we have grown apart from each other as persons and we have different views of how we want Beseech to work as a band. This has taken away all the inspiration to continue and we see this as the only solution in the end. This way we can all part as friends and wish each other good luck with new endeavors that will follow.

We would like to thank all of our fans, fan clubs and other people that has helped and supported Beseech in their own way. Without you, we would never have lasted this long.

Best regards from
Lotta, Erik, Robert, Manne, Jonas, Mikael and Daniel
of BESEECH
11.02.2007 - 00:45
Ernis
狼獾
As their videos are such a rarity, then here is one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2u2mpMocSw
26.06.2007 - 12:44
Elodie Artour
Slania
I love Beseech!It's one of my favourite bands.Very sad that they broke up,but I write to them in My Space,and they're very nice and answer almost every time.The Mary Major is Beseech's new project(pity that Robert Vintervind doesn't work with the others on it).A few samples have already been loaded online on The Mary Major's My Space page.Hope that most of the Beseech fans in here will like them.

Another band,formed by ex-Beseech members is called Those We Don't Speak Of.You can check them out,too.

As for the previous band-my favourite albums of them so far are"From a bleeding heart...","Black Emotions",and"Sunless days".(In my opinion,the last one is a masterpiece.)

I even have the limited edition of"Sunless Days".Hehe.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
24.11.2007 - 23:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Defunct Beseech will release a posthumous double-DVD, "The Drama Ends", in December. This release is very limited and the first 100 orders will be signed by the band. A trailer for the DVD can be viewed here.

More information available at this location.
25.11.2007 - 20:12
Ernis
狼獾
Well...a good news after all is that Lotta, Erik, Mikael, Daniel and Jonas are still out there, active and merry and now renamed the band The Mary Major...So far the music they have on their myspace page is fairly good http://www.myspace.com/themarymajor ...we'll see whether they'll wander far from the traces of Beseech or continue from where they stopped last time when they were still known as Beseech....I wish all the best to them and wait to hear their new works...
26.11.2007 - 19:13
Elodie Artour
Slania
The others who haven't joined TMM have started another project,called"Those We Don't Speak Of".
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
26.11.2007 - 21:39
Bash'
:)
Not perfect band, normal & flat, but Innerlane reminds me of nice good memories & days...

I don't consider their male vocalist to be good, and their female is just ok--ay....

Just good to have a listen for their stuff from a time to another, that's for me.....
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
26.11.2007 - 21:42
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Ernis on 11.02.2007 at 00:45

As their videos are such a rarity, then here is one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2u2mpMocSw

Man...ain't that typical?...I just got to know the band (and like them very much for the same as you stated in the opening post) and then they're disbanded...just ordered the DVD though...hope it's good 'cause I forgot to watch the trailer before I ordered it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep