Metal Storm logo
Nu Metal bands you like

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 16.03.2007 - 01:51
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.
28.06.2010 - 19:26
Kennoth

Speaking of Disturbed, about a week ago, I've heard their newest single. It's mindblowing!

----
*insert something deep and profound*
28.06.2010 - 19:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
I guess if you find basic, overplayed riffs and the fast-spoken vocals mindblowing, then yes. But the real Disturbed will always be better, IMO. The mainstream Disturbed is sort of a joke. I've seen all sorts of undeserved praise directed towards them.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
28.06.2010 - 22:38
RobotPolarBear

Quote:
Why mentioning them? They're gothic rock, with some metal elements, but not enough to be gothic metal. Pretty simple.
This is the first time I've ever heard someone mentioning them with nu metal, only possible if one is equaling nu-metal with mainstream, in that case, Lady Gaga would be nu metal too.

Like I said, I don't think they're nu-metal. I have often seen them grouped into the genre, however, which is why I felt the need to mention them. Same with SOAD.
29.06.2010 - 20:44
Kennoth

Written by vezzy on 28.06.2010 at 19:41

I guess if you find basic, overplayed riffs and the fast-spoken vocals mindblowing, then yes. But the real Disturbed will always be better, IMO. The mainstream Disturbed is sort of a joke. I've seen all sorts of undeserved praise directed towards them.

You know what they say about opinions, right? Besides, each to his own. This song is awesome to me.
----
29.06.2010 - 20:45
Kennoth

Written by RobotPolarBear on 28.06.2010 at 22:38

I have often seen them grouped into the genre, however,

Then those people grouping them are idiots.
----
29.06.2010 - 21:07
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Kennoth on 29.06.2010 at 20:44

Written by vezzy on 28.06.2010 at 19:41

You know what they say about opinions, right? Besides, each to his own. This song is awesome to me.

I respect that. I just don't get what's so great about them, myself. I don't care much if you like them or not.
----
13.07.2010 - 01:44
Weaponz248

Hmmm.. I dont mind Disturbed but i would group them in Rock insted of metal. They are a decent band though. But as far as Numetal goes I would have to say Mudvayne, Slipknot, and as of recently Drowning Pool. For me Slipknot was the gateway to the metal world. Iowa was the heavist album i had heard at that time. It left me craving more metal, so i went out and found more and the rest is history LOL. Mudvayne was a band that I just liked from the get go. Drowning pool i liked there first album alot but when thier lead singer died I stopped listening but 2 years ago I heard the song Soilders and now I'm hooked again.
13.07.2010 - 02:52
Kennoth

Written by Weaponz248 on 13.07.2010 at 01:44

Hmmm.. I dont mind Disturbed but i would group them in Rock insted of metal.

Well... we can argue about this, but it's your opinion.

Drowning pool i liked there first album alot but when thier lead singer died I stopped listening but 2 years ago I heard the song Soilders and now I'm hooked again.

Sinner is one of my best albums ever, and I have great respect for DW.
The rest of their discography is utter shit, they just shifted to the classic pop-rock, the first album was pretty dark and edgy.
----
13.07.2010 - 04:32
Weaponz248

Written by Kennoth on 13.07.2010 at 02:52

Hmmm.. I dont mind Disturbed but i would group them in Rock insted of metal.

Well... we can argue about this, but it's your opinion.

Drowning pool i liked there first album alot but when thier lead singer died I stopped listening but 2 years ago I heard the song Soilders and now I'm hooked again.

Sinner is one of my best albums ever, and I have great respect for DW.
The rest of their discography is utter shit, they just shifted to the classic pop-rock, the first album was pretty dark and edgy.

I appreciate you respecting my opinion.
13.07.2010 - 11:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
Drowning Pool has never been dark or edgy. I'm surprised that "Bodies" is so popular.
----
13.07.2010 - 14:39
Kennoth

Written by vezzy on 13.07.2010 at 11:05

Drowning Pool has never been dark or edgy. I'm surprised that "Bodies" is so popular.

I was expecting something like that from you.

This might surprise you, but there actually ARE more songs on that album! (yes! the album's name is Sinner, not Bodies)

Of course, only thrash and death metals are allowed to be 'dark and edgy', right? Not meaning to offend you or anything, but I think you're a music snob. That's the impression I got of you lately.

Check the things like Tear Away, Sermon and Pity. While they don't have blast beats and growls and shredding riffs, the atmosphere is dark on almost entire album.
----
13.07.2010 - 15:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Kennoth on 13.07.2010 at 14:39

Written by vezzy on 13.07.2010 at 11:05

I was expecting something like that from you.

This might surprise you, but there actually ARE more songs on that album! (yes! the album's name is Sinner, not Bodies)

Of course, only thrash and death metals are allowed to be 'dark and edgy', right? Not meaning to offend you or anything, but I think you're a music snob. That's the impression I got of you lately.

Check the things like Tear Away, Sermon and Pity. While they don't have blast beats and growls and shredding riffs, the atmosphere is dark on almost entire album.

"Tear Away" is not anything too impressive. That chugging riff and I despise that "melodic" backup guitar work. That and the "I don't care about anyone" lyrics are laughable. Typical nu metal voice here, I don't like it.

"Pity" is actually a bit decent, but the voice and those bad "breakdown" riffs... eh...

"Sermon" isn't bad, actually...

But really, I just don't like the genre as a whole, except possibly, Mushroomhead. It just seems generic to me. I tend to focus more on listening to the instrumentals than the lyrics.
----
16.07.2010 - 21:50
RobotPolarBear

Late, but:
Quote:
Then those people grouping them are idiots.

Can't disagree there.
17.07.2010 - 04:25
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Dope ain't bad
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.07.2010 - 04:34
Weaponz248

Written by Zombie on 17.07.2010 at 04:25

Dope ain't bad

They are pretty good. Any band with the song die motherfucker die is pretty good lol. Plus i got to meet them after they played a concert a few years back. Pretty cool guys
18.07.2010 - 11:35
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Weaponz248 on 18.07.2010 at 04:34

Dope ain't bad

They are pretty good. Any band with the song die motherfucker die is pretty good lol. Plus i got to meet them after they played a concert a few years back. Pretty cool guys

Lol, "Die MF Die" is what they're best known for. XD I actually like "No Warning Shot" by Six Feet Under better (has the same lyric).

It actually isn't a bad song (Die MF Die), but it got repetitive for me after about five listens. =|
----
18.07.2010 - 11:52
Weaponz248

Written by vezzy on 18.07.2010 at 11:35

Dope ain't bad

Lol, "Die MF Die" is what they're best known for. XD I actually like "No Warning Shot" by Six Feet Under better (has the same lyric).

It actually isn't a bad song (Die MF Die), but it got repetitive for me after about five listens. =|

Yeah dope does get a bit repetitive after a while. I havent listened to them in a while but still good stuff nonetheless
18.07.2010 - 11:54
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Weaponz248 on 18.07.2010 at 11:52

Dope ain't bad

Yeah dope does get a bit repetitive after a while. I havent listened to them in a while but still good stuff nonetheless

Only nu metal band I can enjoy is Mushroomhead.
----
18.07.2010 - 12:02
Weaponz248

Written by vezzy on 18.07.2010 at 11:54

Written by Weaponz248 on 18.07.2010 at 11:52

Dope ain't bad

Only nu metal band I can enjoy is Mushroomhead.

Im not a big mushroomhead fan, but i love mudvayne!!!

Speaking of mushroomhead i saw them at the same concert i meet dope at lol!
29.07.2010 - 20:27
Mikyz

Nu metal fan or not you should not miss the violent and pissed off sound of Nothingface. So if some you haven't listened to them yet, do it now, they're pretty badass in their behavior and musical talent.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
30.07.2010 - 05:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Wow, Nothingface eh? That's going way back...unfortunately, not that much of an original name for a band...good old Voivod...Matt Holt is cool though...they were pretty much good for the day and that was about it...
01.08.2010 - 04:41
Kennoth

I've heard of Nothingface, though I never gave them an honest chance. All I did is hear one song from them and decide it was crap.

I know a guy who's completely nuts about them though.
----
08.08.2010 - 10:30
metamorphosis

Skindred probably the best rap-metal band I've heard of recently mainly for the fact that it's not rap but rasta.
08.08.2010 - 11:36
Weaponz248

Nothingface was an awesome band! Its a shame the broke up. I loved there stuff, they did great while they were around.
09.08.2010 - 15:39
Perseverence
Account deleted
I still like Koßn. But when it comes to Slipknot and Mushroomhead it doesn't matter who came first they bolth suck!:lol:
10.08.2010 - 19:02
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Kennoth on 01.08.2010 at 04:41

I've heard of Nothingface, though I never gave them an honest chance. All I did is hear one song from them and decide it was crap.

I know a guy who's completely nuts about them though.

Duuude. I seriously recommendo you to give a proper listen to them. o/

Especially Pacifier and An Audio Guide For Everyday Atrocity. Essentially they do not differ much from other Alternative Rock bands, but I really like their vocalist, and the structure of most of their songs go beyond the simple ''verse, chorus , verse, chorus, bridge, chorus'' process, which helps a lot among the whole enjoying process
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
11.08.2010 - 04:22
whatsacow

I'd say karnivool. They merge prog with nu metal, and its damn good. Also, deftones, except their new album, which kind of sucks. Somedays I like korn, other days i cant stand them, depends what mood im in.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
11.08.2010 - 10:13
SerratedSyringe

Written by Guest on 09.08.2010 at 15:39

when it comes to Slipknot and Mushroomhead it doesn't matter who came first they bolth suck!:lol:

Mushroomhead was first. That's a fact. The main differance, however is consistancy, or lack thereof. Mushroomhead has some brilliant work (like XX) and some completely shitty stuff (like Savior Sorrow). Slipknot on the other hand started out in mediocrity and made a steady decline into mainsteam worthlesness.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
11.08.2010 - 14:50
Kennoth

Written by Uirapuru on 10.08.2010 at 19:02

Duuude. I seriously recommendo you to give a proper listen to them. o/

Especially Pacifier and An Audio Guide For Everyday Atrocity. Essentially they do not differ much from other Alternative Rock bands, but I really like their vocalist, and the structure of most of their songs go beyond the simple ''verse, chorus , verse, chorus, bridge, chorus'' process, which helps a lot among the whole enjoying process

I guess I will then, just dunno when
----
17.08.2010 - 21:37
Wishmaster
Account deleted
I don't like Nu metal as much as I used to. I really hate LP, GS, Korn, and other types of crap.