Metal Storm logo
Nu Metal bands you like

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 16.03.2007 - 01:51
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.
17.08.2010 - 21:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 17.08.2010 at 21:37

I'm not a big fan of nu metal, however, Linkin Park is my fave nu metal band. I like Chester's voice.

That's pathetic.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
17.08.2010 - 22:17
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Lol, I had to lol when I remember writing this. Long long time ago.
17.08.2010 - 22:23
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 17.08.2010 at 22:17

Oops sorry, did I write is? I meant WAS, my bad. I used to like them when I was in 6th grade, shitty music I used to like, anyway, but now not really, and yes I like Chester's voice, it's not the best, but I like it, it's enjoyable. And I don't think that's pathetic.

That's better.
----
18.08.2010 - 08:15
whatsacow
I guess these guys are nu metal... well more alternative, but these genres are so close its not funny. Dropbunny. A pretty decent band from melbourne who are much creepier and heavier than most bands of the genre imo.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.08.2010 - 08:21
whatsacow
Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 21:41

Written by Guest on 17.08.2010 at 21:37

I'm not a big fan of nu metal, however, Linkin Park is my fave nu metal band. I like Chester's voice.

That's pathetic.

Lol. You have Unleashed in your fave list. You have no right to call anybodies music pathetic.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.08.2010 - 12:18
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by whatsacow on 18.08.2010 at 08:21

Lol. You have Unleashed in your fave list. You have no right to call anybodies music pathetic.

And you have Children of Bodom so we're even.
----
19.08.2010 - 01:36
whatsacow
Written by vezzy on 18.08.2010 at 12:18

Written by whatsacow on 18.08.2010 at 08:21

And you have Children of Bodom so we're even.

Wait what? Since when? If they are there, i assure you its a mistake. I do like them, I will admit that, but they aren't my favourites. Consider them gone. Now you can feel free to bag me out for RATM, coz they aint going anywhere.
----
19.08.2010 - 17:36
Kennoth
Written by whatsacow on 18.08.2010 at 08:15

I guess these guys are nu metal..

A common misconception. I'd call them rapcore personally.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
07.09.2010 - 11:28
Reza
Account deleted
No Band
08.09.2010 - 06:55
whatsacow
Whats the difference between nu metal and alternative metal?
----
08.09.2010 - 14:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'm not even sure if alternative metal is a real genre or just an umbrella term.
----
08.09.2010 - 14:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 08.09.2010 at 14:16

I'm not even sure if alternative metal is a real genre or just an umbrella term.

Like Nu Metal then.
08.09.2010 - 14:42
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 08.09.2010 at 14:37

Like Nu Metal then.

Nah, nu metal is more defined, I think.
----
08.09.2010 - 14:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 08.09.2010 at 14:42

Written by Guest on 08.09.2010 at 14:37

Like Nu Metal then.

Nah, nu metal is more defined, I think.

So's alt-metal if you look into it
19.09.2010 - 05:39
Kennoth
I would actually place the whole 'nu metal' genre inside alternative metal....
----
19.09.2010 - 09:53
F0rang3l
Written by Valentin B on 07.09.2009 at 13:48

If new in flames is considered "Nu" then i'm all for it lol, apart from maybe The Chosen Pessimist, i love all their new songs, especially Delight and Angers and My Sweet Shadow

Actually they are not nu-metal, just modern melo death metal. They haven't changed that much, their sounds now appeals more to the Americans.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
20.09.2010 - 22:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Korn first five albums and Slipknot in small doses (except for the debut which I really like).

I don't like and know anything else.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.09.2010 - 15:32
Hey,
I found NOEIN from france.
With 2 girls and 3 guys NOEIN plays a strong Industrial Death Metal

you can hear on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/noeinmusic
04.10.2010 - 01:27
insane79
Hi!

One of the new groove metal bands that I discoverd is Cold Snap.
Here are the link to their web sites and a fresh new video/single Bongo Bong(Manu Chao cover) from the new upcoming album Perfection.

http://www.cold-snap.com/
http://www.myspace.com/coldsnaprocks
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cold-Snap/23120209437

05.11.2010 - 11:18
roserobert
Essentially they do not differ much from other Alternative Rock bands, but I really like their vocalist, and the structure of most of their songs go beyond the simple ''verse, chorus , verse, chorus, bridge, chorus'' process, which helps a lot among the whole enjoying process.

http://padanagloves.com
05.11.2010 - 15:12
Kennoth
What's with the people opening account purely to promote their band in this thread?
----
05.11.2010 - 19:14
doyle777
Korn, Godsmack, Slipknot, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, SOiL, Deftones, Dope, Brian 'Head' Welch, Spineshank, Mudvayne, Soilwork, Serj Tankian, Scars on Broadway....
Some of the bands are not nu metal, but some of their songs remind of nu metal.
----
01.02.2011 - 23:54
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Ill Nino is Okay, I started liking them after I fell asleep to their greatest hits album after drinking about 3/4 a fifth of vodka

I like latin style music and metal, so this just clicked for me.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
02.02.2011 - 07:57
Sonic MrSumo
I'm not even sure what the hell Nu Metal is. I mean, Slipknot is supposedly Nu Metal, and so is Disturbed or Drowning Pool. Those bands sound nothing like each other.

It's too liberal a term for my liking...
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
02.02.2011 - 11:16
Vivi'
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 16.03.2007 at 01:51

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Linkin Park

Amy Lee does have a nice voice, but she is shouting instead of singing most of the time.

About Linkin Park - their first albums were good, but now their music is bullshit - literally.
12.02.2011 - 22:19
Void_Eater
Account deleted
While I generally despise nu-metal, credit must be given where it is due. Slipknot has managed to write some decent music, particularly on Iowa. I hate their image; a bunch of grown men acting like angsty pre-teens to attract angsty pre-teens... But at least they decent music, unlike other nu metal bands *cough*korn*cough*
11.03.2011 - 01:35
Doom Trooper
It is weird because when nu metal was big I hated most of it. Now I have more apreciation for it. Some of my favorite albums are..

Disturbed - Believe
Korn - Untouchables
Mudvayne - L.D. 50
Slipknot - Iowa
System of a Down - Toxicity
Switched - Subject To Change
Otep - House of Secrets
13.03.2011 - 12:39
_Andy_
Slipknot - Great lyrics, instrumentals could've been better, still one of my favourite bands ever.
System of a Down - Serj's voice is abysmal.
----
Strike from behind and knock me to the ground
Kick me while I'm down!
Stab me in the back, you bastards
Tear my heart out of my chest!
I'll rise from the ashes, from these ruins of mine
A dozen of eyes for an eye - vengeance is mine!
19.03.2011 - 20:20
Axe Argonian
Most nu-metal bores me, but there are a few bands that I respect.

Deftones - A unique, experimental, and exceptional band that never fails to impress me. With a remarkable vocalist and intriguing lyrics, Deftones is a worthwhile listen for nu-metal fans and those who despise the genre.

Korn - Despite their repetition and their juvenile lyrics, they deserve credit for initiating the nu-metal sound before the waves of generic, derivative bands began to emerge. Given their inconsistent discography, I prefer their earliest albums over their more recent material, though some early songs (i.e. "All In the Family") make me cringe.

Mushroomhead - Although Mushroomhead is an intolerable band now, they were once noteworthy musicians. Albums like XX and XIII show a creative side of nu-metal that isn't normally conspicuous outside of Deftones.

These are the only nu-metal bands to which I enjoy listening: bands like Limp Bizkit, Coal Chamber, Ill Niño, and Slipknot are boring, derivative, and unspectacular in my honest opinion. I was once an avid Disturbed fan, but after coming to the realization that they have settled for a generic sound, I could not care less for them anymore.

While I am on the subject of the alternative side of metal, I should not forget to pay my respects to bands like Faith No More, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, White Zombie, Godsmack, and System of a Down - all of which rank highly on my "favorite bands" list.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
21.03.2011 - 15:47
Storchillarn
Don't know if anyone has mentioned them but Element Eighty is a great nu-metal band. Or was, rather. Check them out!