Metal Storm logo
Circus Maximus - Release Lyric Video For 'Havoc'

New song alert! Today you can watch the lyric video for the title track of Circus Maximus' forthcoming new album Havoc. This is the second song the progressive metallers reveal from it after "The Weight". While the new album only drops on March 18th through Frontiers Music Srl, at least there is new music to enjoy. Give it a spin and tell us your impressions of the track.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Circus Maximus
Posted: 02.02.2016 by Chriwalker

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 110 users
02.02.2016 - 13:31
Metren
Dreadrealm
Their previous album was quite different from the first two, but I still liked it a lot, because the songwriting was really strong. This is awful. It's not different and therefore awful, it is simply different AND awful.

I honestly prefer their danseband/schlager parody song to this single.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
02.02.2016 - 14:18
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
Written by Metren on 02.02.2016 at 13:31

Their previous album was quite different from the first two, but I still liked it a lot, because the songwriting was really strong. This is awful. It's not different and therefore awful, it is simply different AND awful.

Well, I must say, it IS different. And it's something that I didn't really expect from CM, so I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.
02.02.2016 - 14:23
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by andreosokin on 02.02.2016 at 14:18

Well, I must say, it IS different. And it's something that I didn't really expect from CM, so I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

It's difficult for me to keep my hopes up for the album, considering how bad the two songs they have thus far released have been, but as a fan of all three previous albums, I am with you in that I still want to hear the new album and give it a chance. Bad singles from overall good albums aren't that uncommon after all.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
02.02.2016 - 19:53
Kais

Well these goes my hopes to the toilet. Definitely not my type of CM.
What a shame.
02.02.2016 - 20:08
DrM
DreaMutilated
Well, that's a shameless clone...
02.02.2016 - 21:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It does sound like Marilyn Manson lol It's a bit strange...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.02.2016 - 23:18
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Metren on 02.02.2016 at 13:31

I remember when Disillusion released Gloria. Total shocker, disappointed at first. But after many playthroughs it grew on me to the point where I like it just as much as their monster debut. I will give this the same chance - and I expect the same results. CM are great song writers.
----
rekt
02.02.2016 - 23:43
a MasT

Written by DrM on 02.02.2016 at 20:08

Well, that's a shameless clone...

( I wish I didn't partially agree but...
03.02.2016 - 00:47
Doge of Venice

I don't find Marilyn Manson that bad, but this is just an awful imitation. Ugh.
03.02.2016 - 10:25
Nicko's Nose

The worst Circus Maximus song by far.
03.02.2016 - 19:04
Dave FC

Ho ho ho! This sounds so bland. I'm VERY dissapointed.
What a piece of shit.
04.02.2016 - 16:48
Fisher

They screwed up!From beautiful progressive music which sounded epic and unique,we now have more mainstream sound to atrack younger audience.They now sound like every popular band out there which is bad.They will lose old loyal fans and not get any new ones.There is no going back from here.Time will tell.You will see.Even the die hard fans wont like this.Who knows maybe the rest of the album isn't bad like this song,but I doubt it.The band get down on their knees and sold out!Simple as that.Such a waste.
07.02.2016 - 11:42
fandango68

Goodness me, that's shockingly awful. I've taken the album out of my Amazon wish list as a consequence, which is a crying shame, because I thought Isolate was one of the very best albums from the 'naughties'.
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
10.02.2016 - 20:11
Wiseman's Fear

Written by fandango68 on 07.02.2016 at 11:42

Goodness me, that's shockingly awful. I've taken the album out of my Amazon wish list as a consequence, which is a crying shame, because I thought Isolate was one of the very best albums from the 'naughties'.

I don't know. I still have my hopes that we will get an album that's really good. Until know we only know two songs out of nine, so who knows how the rest will be? Maybe it's the CM we have come to love.
I guess they just wanted show the extreme sides of "Havoc". On the one side, there's the very accesible song ("The Weight") and then there's the dark side ("Havoc"). Both is off putting from the view of a prog metal listener I think but I will wait until I actually have the album in my hands and until I have listened to it enough to form an opinion. I'm still optismic about it.
10.02.2016 - 20:59
fandango68

Written by Wiseman's Fear on 10.02.2016 at 20:11

Written by fandango68 on 07.02.2016 at 11:42

I don't know. I still have my hopes that we will get an album that's really good. Until know we only know two songs out of nine, so who knows how the rest will be? Maybe it's the CM we have come to love.
I guess they just wanted show the extreme sides of "Havoc". On the one side, there's the very accesible song ("The Weight") and then there's the dark side ("Havoc"). Both is off putting from the view of a prog metal listener I think but I will wait until I actually have the album in my hands and until I have listened to it enough to form an opinion. I'm still optismic about it.

yes, you are absolutely right... after only one listen, 'The Weight' sounds more like it could have been an offcut from NINE, but it's still a depressingly long way short of 'Ultimate Sacrifice'.
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
12.02.2016 - 17:03
Chriwalker

Okay, I didn't think it was all that bad. It's a great song to bang your head to live. Also the rest of the songs they played from the album sounded really great and really diverse. Chivalry is a song that was Circus Maximus at least, as was Highest Bitter. Sure they have more of the Nine sound than the two previous before that, but that's to be expected.
----
Chris D.
23.02.2016 - 19:37
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
They re-invented themselves into sounding like Marilyn Manson? fuck a duck

EDIT: I scrolled up to see I'm not the only one who heard that....good Im not going insane

Hits total: 2851 | This month: 8