Metal Storm logo
Rotting Christ - Streaming Whole New Album

The ever-prolific Greeks in Rotting Christ have decided to stream their upcoming album, Rituals, in full before its official release. The album from the melodic black metallers was recently uploaded on Season of Mist's YouTube channel. Listen to the ten tracks on this playlist or below in its entirety.

You might recognize the three first tracks as they were already released prior to this full stream. Pre-order Rotting Christ's Rituals on CD at this location. If you are feeling a bit retro, try the cassette version. The album is going to be released on the 12th of February via Season Of Mist.

Make up your mind about the album and drop a comment below if you'd like.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rotting Christ
Posted: 03.02.2016 by Netzach

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 182 users
03.02.2016 - 19:34
corrupt
With a lowercase c
They should have called it "Recycling'"
----
03.02.2016 - 19:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think the last time I listened to a full album of these guys was Theogonia. I'm 3 tracks into this one and I don't think that's going to change.
03.02.2016 - 20:25
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Guest on 03.02.2016 at 19:45

I think the last time I listened to a full album of these guys was Theogonia. I'm 3 tracks into this one and I don't think that's going to change.

Sounds exactly like their last one. Not as bad as Aealo but defninitely nothing creatively new.
----
03.02.2016 - 20:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by corrupt on 03.02.2016 at 20:25

Sounds exactly like their last one. Not as bad as Aealo but defninitely nothing creatively new.

I sort of wandered off after track 3. I don't have any big investments in Rotting Christ anyway.
03.02.2016 - 20:56
Malignar

I've lost interest after Theogonia (which I thought was fantastic). Aealo really killed this band for me and the two releases after aren't much better. I would love to rejoin the RC fanclub but this just isn't that good or interesting.
03.02.2016 - 21:11
Jericho Rehling

Well, I enjoy it. I'm a big fan of Rotting Christ though.
03.02.2016 - 22:36
Netzach
Planewalker
Yup it's basically more of the same but I don't mind. Bit more of a soundtrack/theatrical feel to this album compared to the last one. Tou Thanatou and Ze Nigmar are standout tracks from first listen.
03.02.2016 - 23:55
MIXHELL

I listened the album for a 5 times. It feels that it's more enjoyable compared to previous release.
04.02.2016 - 02:24
Vombatus
Potorro
I'll join the club of those that are disappointed post-Theogonia. Aelo was bad, and Kata Ton had 3-4 good songs with otherwise too much mediocrity.
This one seems to be like the previous. First four songs sound great, then it evolves into rehash stuff. Devadevam even rips off the Xibalba riff!!
04.02.2016 - 06:57
Joe Zombie

I'm loving the hell out of this, but then again I really enjoyed Kata Von Mehoyneyoymihoy or whatever.
04.02.2016 - 18:12
garmling
Account deleted
Nothing special at first, but now, after a few more spins, this is starting to be quite enjoyable!
Never judge an album off the first listen!
05.02.2016 - 22:20
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by Vombatus on 04.02.2016 at 02:24

I'll join the club of those that are disappointed post-Theogonia. Aelo was bad, and Kata Ton had 3-4 good songs with otherwise too much mediocrity.
This one seems to be like the previous. First four songs sound great, then it evolves into rehash stuff. Devadevam even rips off the Xibalba riff!!

It's such an obvious ripoff that it has to be intentional. Even the whispers are practically identical to Xibalba's.

I think the album starts out strong, lags a bit toward the middle (Apage and Voice Like Thunder are pretty much filler tracks) but ends on a high note with the longer tracks. Solid album but I hope they mix things up a little next time around.
06.02.2016 - 02:23
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Netzach on 05.02.2016 at 22:20

I think the album starts out strong, lags a bit toward the middle (Apage and Voice Like Thunder are pretty much filler tracks) but ends on a high note with the longer tracks. Solid album but I hope they mix things up a little next time around.

Yeah, that more or less. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, but the fact it has exactly the same tone, elements and ideas as Kata Ton is detrimental. Still an improvement over the last two.
08.04.2016 - 17:22
JayMo4

I don't hate it, but yeah, it's nothing compared to some of their older stuff.

Hits total: 2804 | This month: 5