Metal Storm logo
Web navigation velocity

‹‹ Back to Bugs
22.05.2006 - 22:47
Dam3k

Well before the web were remade I had several delays or stucks with the page but nothing important at all, but now I dunno what happends but the web runs more slowly and have lag. Somebody has experimented this too? How could be it fixed?
----

23.05.2006 - 16:35
__Az__

Yeh, MS is running at a pretty slow speed....
26.05.2006 - 12:01
GT
Coffee!!
It depends on what time of the day I'm on. Sometimes it takes forever or nothing happens and other times it's very quick
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.05.2006 - 16:35
Alouqua
Account deleted
well for me is kind of slow too! for example to open the messages...
27.05.2006 - 20:44
Dam3k

so what's wrong??I'm not the unique as I see, I suposse is a host's problem...
----

28.05.2006 - 01:37
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
well, I see that I wasn't wrong at all bacause I realized that ms is working quite slow, but it depends of the conection too, because in my house I have a slow conection which is annoying sometimes, now I'm navigating with a fast conection, which is much better
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
28.05.2006 - 14:26
Lupas
Maximus
Written by The Alchemist on 28.05.2006 at 01:37

well, I see that I wasn't wrong at all bacause I realized that ms is working quite slow, but it depends of the conection too, because in my house I have a slow conection which is annoying sometimes, now I'm navigating with a fast conection, which is much better

Same happens to me
When i was with a particular ISP , the site was so slow that i could rarely go from page to page. Change to other ISP and now the speed is ok.
I had noticed that MSv3 needes countinuos data from the server and this may effect the speed.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
28.05.2006 - 16:11
Falcon

MS works very slow here too. I use to have a fast connection, but it's only MS that goes so slow, from the moment it was renewed...
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
28.05.2006 - 19:38
Jeff
Freaky Admin
It's simply a problem of traffic and bandwith capacity...

Even if we tried to remove all the big stuff that were one of the reason of the database-overshit in the past, it seems that too many people come here and then the site is slow...

The unique solution is to find real sponsors that will help us to pay a big powerful connection. Right now it's just impossible for us, we don't win money with MS and cannot give a lot of ? to pay a good connection...
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
28.05.2006 - 20:15
Falcon

As long as it works, that's the main thing! Viva MS!
----

28.05.2006 - 20:23
Lupas
Maximus
@Jeff

But it is strange . I mean with 14,000 members , the most metal information, the best metal forums of all and there is no one to sponsor this.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
28.05.2006 - 20:45
Jeff
Freaky Admin
You're right, we should find good sponsors... the problem is that the musical partners are a bit greedy nowadays...

Pray with me maybe that we will find someone one day

And btw, even with 14 000 Members the forum is not the principal problem of the traffic...

We have in general something between 400 000 - 500 000 unique visits each month (that's the reason of the slow shit)?
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
29.05.2006 - 10:10
GT
Coffee!!
Damn that's a lot of hits...and still you can't get any sponsors?!...that makes no sence. I'll keep my fingers crossed
----

29.05.2006 - 16:06
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by GT on 29.05.2006 at 10:10

Damn that's a lot of hits...and still you can't get any sponsors?!...that makes no sence. I'll keep my fingers crossed

That's not hits - that's unique visits. As for hits, we get over 14.000.000 of those monthly.
29.05.2006 - 16:20
GT
Coffee!!
@Ivan: Makes it even more amazing that you can't get a sponsor
----

29.05.2006 - 16:27
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by GT on 29.05.2006 at 16:20

@Ivan: Makes it even more amazing that you can't get a sponsor

We are inconveniently international. Most companies are local, and are interested in strictly local customers. We are limited to big international corporations, like Google or Amazon - but you can't really earn much with them.
29.05.2006 - 21:23
Falcon

And local companies that work international? For example a transport company or an international toys factory with their headquarter in Talinn (just giving an example)? Maybe it's more easy to make contacts then, with the right persons, because it's in your area...
----

29.05.2006 - 22:25
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Ivan on 29.05.2006 at 16:06

Written by GT on 29.05.2006 at 10:10

That's not hits - that's unique visits. As for hits, we get over 14.000.000 of those monthly.

Wow just amazing, by this number
----
29.05.2006 - 22:27
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Falcon on 29.05.2006 at 21:23

And local companies that work international? For example a transport company or an international toys factory with their headquarter in Talinn (just giving an example)? Maybe it's more easy to make contacts then, with the right persons, because it's in your area...

Why would a transport company or a toy factory be interested in Metal Storm?
The company has to be metal-related or at least music-related to be interested in us, and there are not many international companies like that, let alone operating from Estonia...
29.05.2006 - 23:19
Falcon

Yeah, but that was just an example And I don't think such a company should be interested in MS, but in making publicity, and metalheads don't use less transport companies or toy factories (for the children ) than other people I think (FOR EXAMPLE )
----

30.05.2006 - 00:06
wrathchild

You may improve the loading time of forum pages by changing the settings in your profile (see "Settings" on top).

There you'll find some options to disable signatures, and also avatars, etc. when browsing. That won't really fix the problem, but that may help a little bit.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
31.05.2006 - 16:10
Dam3k

And why don't u use some adds?! That wouldn't give u money or something¿¿
----

31.05.2006 - 18:01
Falcon

I think that's what's meant by sponsors
----

05.09.2006 - 02:13
Dam3k

----

29.01.2007 - 02:55
nehrodwarf

it depends...
Can be the page code: including what's the dastabase manager: MySQL, postgree, and the staff should see the code and mainly the script of connection to database, it's important to emphansize that's the loading of pictures may take a "long" time if be it can be the hosting service

Also can be the speed connection of user or site's member

Also can be the host: I don't know what's the capacity of machines of the hosting service -> maybe it's the problem

but I strongly believe that's the host speed but I'm not speaking about data tranmission speed but I'm the machines I don't know nothing about the machines, also can be the database performance maybe it's interisting to put a powerful database manager, or following this thread the problem it's how the hosting service are managing the database performance, and like us are seeing the number of members are raising... maybe on a far future they must to use a database like DB2(I'm fucking w/ you). But I believe that the problem it's the database on host service, but like I said before the number of members are raising, and so some databases isn't fast w/ a lot of records.
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
30.01.2007 - 13:11
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
metalstorm runs pretty fast here, but it slows down abnormally sometimes, but after a few days it becomes normal again. Threads open up slower in such conditions.
I (and probably all metalstormers) hope that the site will get a sponser soon.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
12.11.2007 - 15:36
nehrodwarf

now it's normal!!!!!
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
14.11.2007 - 05:53
selken
Irreligious
Written by Dam3k on 22.05.2006 at 22:47

How could be it fixed?

Well you can buy for the MS server (if its physical) a 10Gbps Gigabit Ethernet card, and buy a 1Gbps for me... if you don't know what the hell is that, then it must be expensive, if you know what is that, then you know its expensive
Use a navigator that lets you switch between no image or image mode, is not spamming, but I do recommend Opera for that, see it by yourself:
----
14.11.2007 - 18:01
Lord TJ

Sometimes I get this error thing saying that internet explorer cannot open so and so page. Operation Aborted.

Does this have anything to do with the site or is it just my crappy school computers?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
16.11.2007 - 01:34
Dam3k

Written by selken on 14.11.2007 at 05:53

Written by Dam3k on 22.05.2006 at 22:47

How could be it fixed?

Well you can buy for the MS server (if its physical) a 10Gbps Gigabit Ethernet card, and buy a 1Gbps for me... if you don't know what the hell is that, then it must be expensive, if you know what is that, then you know its expensive
Use a navigator that lets you switch between no image or image mode, is not spamming, but I do recommend Opera for that, see it by yourself:

well i really think it's not just an ethernet card problem, sucky server in general... that's pretty unfair though this is a great site to be that laggy, anyway I hope some day we all be will be able to connect properly

P.D: I use mozilla and really runs smooth
----