Metal Storm logo
Korn - Brian "Head" Welch To Release New Book In May

"With My Eyes Wide Open: Miracles And Mistakes On My Way Back To Korn" is the title of Korn's guitarist Brian "Head" Welch new book; due out on May 17th 2016.

Welch made headlines in 2005 when he abandoned Korn after a very personal spiritual encounter he had at his home in California. His new book is the guitarist's account of the brutal, eye-opening eight years he spent as a single Dad after leaving Korn, leading up to his controversial decision to rejoin the band in 2013 and reconcile with the tribe of people he once considered family in the metal music scene. Written with Carol Traver, the book is 240 pages in length, featuring 16 full color photos from Welch's personal archive.

His very public and disruptive conversion not only inspired him to leave a life of unbelievable excess with the band he helped found, but also gave him the strength he needed to overcome addictions to cocaine, alcohol, pills, as well as the drug that would almost completely destroy his life: meth amphetamines. Nevertheless, his instinct for bad decisions lingered, and what followed was a near decade-long trial by fire?from the perils of fathering a teen lost in depression and self-mutilation to the harsh realities of playing solo and surviving financial ruin?this intensely inspiring redemption saga is unlike any other.

Told with humor and no-holds-barred frankness, the raw and brutally honest follow-up to his 2007 bestseller, "Save Me From Myself", will appeal to a wide range of readers. "With My Eyes Wide Open: Miracles And Mistakes On My Way Back To Korn" is truly an inspiring story for all.

The book's release will also come with an exclusive free download link to a new song from Welch's solo band Love & Death. Fans can pre-order the book at any book retailer including Amazon and Barnes And Noble. It will also be available at brianheadwelch.net.

Slipknot's Corey Taylor had to say the following:

"There are those who never leave home, never see what's beyond the fences. There are also those who leave home as quick as they can, desperate for the changes just out of eyeshot. Then there are the people who need to leave in order to see how much they need their home, and vice versa. Brian is the latter. His road led away, but it brought him back to where he needed to be.

As a fan, I'm glad he's back."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Korn
Posted: 24.02.2016 by D.T. Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 34 users
24.02.2016 - 04:05
Ankläger

Okay.
24.02.2016 - 17:42
Necrotion7