Metal Storm logo
Slumber - Brilliant Melodic Doom from Sweden

19.03.2007 - 09:21
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I was just wondering if there were any fans of this excellent, excellent melodic doom metal band, Slumber. Their album, Fallout is NOTHING short of a friggin' masterpiece.

The album can be described as PURE SORROW in the form of music. And the instrumentation! By God! The drumming is some of the most innovative, tight and creative drumming I have ever heard in my life. I'm not exaggerating here. And the riffs are complemented so beautifully by the subtle yet distinctive use of Keyboards. The bass is prominent and it just doesn't follow the rhythm, rather creates its own. I got to know of this band 3 years ago as they were featured on the very first Metalstorm Compilation (ah... memories ). I believe, they were reviewed here as well. Well, this is a MUST for any fan of melodic doom like MDB, Anathema, Katatonia, old Amorphis etc.

I believe you can hear some songs here:
Slumber on Metal-Archives -> http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=14871
Slumber on MySpace -> http://www.myspace.com/slumberband
Slumber's Webpage -> http://www.slumber.se/
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
19.03.2007 - 10:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band, I had listen them some time ago, not all album, but songs, and well i prefere mor eold school sound, but thay are ok, realy good band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.03.2007 - 17:31
Thryce
Retired Staff
Yeah great band. I also got to know them from the MS Compilations. Think the song was 'Rapture'. Still one of my favo songs of "Fallout".

BTW: they also got a MS Band Profile already, Slumber.

I think I read somewhere they're going to release a new album somewhere around the summer of 2007. Looking forward to that one!

EDIT: found that info here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.03.2007 - 19:48
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I thought that they're gonna change their name and all that... Hmmm... Anyhow, killer band! Can't wait for a new album!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
21.03.2007 - 18:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Sounds good, from the MySpace songs. Downloading more, might add it on my 'to-buy' list.

Really entertaining stuff.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.03.2007 - 19:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
i feel like checking them out.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.03.2007 - 18:34
Susan
Smeghead
I went through a big doom "phase" a while ago and Fallout was an important album to me at the time. Great stuff, but I never hear anyone mention how gothic/doom some of the songs feel. The keyboard, melodies, tempos; it all helps the album stand apart from the crowd.

I'll definitely be checking out that 2007 release! Glad to hear they're back at it
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
01.07.2007 - 20:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Fallout is on it's way to my mailbox! After my return from Greece, I'll have it.

Wooh. And I'll check out the coming release as well, of course.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.07.2007 - 15:19
Merchant of Doom

Great album... can anyone recommend something similar?
09.07.2007 - 19:54
APOHAKC
The Bard
I checked them out, pretty nice band, I enjoyed listening to them, I am looking forward to find legal CD and enjoy fully in this great album
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.10.2007 - 16:48
Veeken
Account deleted
Written by Merchant of Doom on 09.07.2007 at 15:19

Great album... can anyone recommend something similar?

check out "swallow the sun" if you haven't already.
23.11.2007 - 17:50
FOOCK Nam

Indeed Fallout is a masterpiece. I cant give any complaining about this stuff. Hope they will carry on in producing more good stuff like this.
07.12.2007 - 16:30
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
I heard Fallout and liked it. Not a 100% album, but certainly not bad at all for a first release. Slumber's one of the few melodic doom/death pieces I actually enjoyed.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
26.12.2007 - 19:21
Darko

"Fallout" i think is the best melodic doom album i've ever heard.I can't wait their new album.
----
live here and now...
11.05.2009 - 21:46
Land Of Doom

Very Brilliant Band I Like It very Much

They Look Like Swallow The Sun
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
27.12.2010 - 07:03
Stigmatized
According to Metal-Archives, the band is split-up. I wonder what will become of "Resonance"...
27.12.2010 - 08:38
Susan
Smeghead
Oh sad! I was just thinking about them today actually, how strange. Fallout was a nice album and I was excited to see if the band would stay in the goth/doom direction or take it somewhere else. Damn, we'll never know!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
28.12.2010 - 01:32
Stigmatized
I read on their Last.fm page that they split into 2 bands, and "Resonance" will be released as one of those bands' debut.
02.01.2011 - 21:38
Behdaad
DEAD
Well, I have to mention one thing:

2 of the band members are Iranian.
Siavash Bigonah
Ehsan Kalantarpour

Their first album (Fallout) was one of the bests I've ever heard in Melodic Death. (Although it has some Doom influences)

Viva Iran!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.