Metal Storm logo
Tublatanka - Founding Drummer Dies

Juraj Černý, who was a founding member and drummer of hard rockers Tublatanka, and represented Slovakia at their first Eurovision Song Contest, has died at the age of 54.

Juraj Černý played in Tublatanka, who were internally selected to represent Slovakia at their debut in the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest in Dublin, Ireland. Tublatanka performed "Nekonečná Pieseň" (from their Znovuzrodenie album) finishing the night in 19th place with 25 points. Juraj died after going to the hospital to have an operation in Hungary.

Source: eurocontest.cz
Band profile: Tublatanka
Posted: 28.02.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 46 users
28.02.2016 - 12:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I was younger I was fascinated whit E Europe metal bands , like this one, it was cool, now all it seems to me a pop rock something, meant to be good in one country , maybe in naibourig sometimes
Spanned few songs from this, all I see sounds pop rock to me...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.02.2016 - 12:59
roeder

Hungary's healthcare system is on the level of South Sudan's. So please don't come to a Hungarian hospital if you plan to live.
28.02.2016 - 16:32
Uldreth

Written by roeder on 28.02.2016 at 12:59

Hungary's healthcare system is on the level of South Sudan's. So please don't come to a Hungarian hospital if you plan to live.

Aye, like 5 years ago I would not have said that, but nowadays it is probably better to go to even Romania for healthcare service. Thanks Orbán.
28.02.2016 - 16:33
IcePickLodger

Tublatanka = the best hard'n heavy band in Slovakia...not too heavy (used to be heavier in early days), however, this song doesn't represent their common sound.
28.02.2016 - 21:25
D. Monique

Try this one instead:

R.I.P.
29.02.2016 - 02:37
IcePickLodger

Written by D. Monique on 28.02.2016 at 21:25

Try this one instead:

R.I.P.

Good choice!

Hits total: 1319 | This month: 4