Metal Storm logo
Riverside - Cancel All 2016 Confirmed Shows

Understandably, Riverside have decided to cancel all of their scheduled shows for this year, following the passing of guitarist Piotr Grudzinski due to a cardiac arrest, as just revealed by the prog group. They were set to embark on a Polish tour in April and play at some festivals as well. This is a difficult time for the band but they will still go on with their planned releases for this year. If they will continue as a band after that, only time will tell.

Riverside's statement: "On behalf of the family and our own we would like to thank everyone for the support and your presence in those difficult moments. Piotr passed away unexpectedly of natural causes (sudden cardiac arrest) on Sunday morning (21st February). We have remained with emptiness and open wounds which need time to heal. For obvious reasons we have decided to cancel all concerts confirmed for this year. At the same time we would like to inform you that we are going to carry out this year releases scheduled for late spring and autumn 2016. Thank you for your support."

[Also thanks to Nimlot!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Riverside
Posted: 03.03.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 55 users
04.03.2016 - 15:08
Kais
I'm not merely surprised. Moreover, I wouldn't be surprised even if they stopped Riverside as a whole.
I'd compeletely understand.
04.03.2016 - 16:29
Nimlot
A. Reader
Written by Kais on 04.03.2016 at 15:08

I'm not merely surprised. Moreover, I wouldn't be surprised even if they stopped River as a whole.
I'd compeletely understand.

Same here.

Hits total: 1694 | This month: 4