Metal Storm logo
Myrkur - Performs New Song, Shares Live Video

Myrkur has shared a new song online. You can see Myrkur live on their European tour with Deafheaven and later in North America with Behemoth. Below, you can watch her playing the tune "Himlen Blev Sort" in the hallway of Denmark's Radio's Concert Hall. It seems like there are new songs already to follow 2015's debut album M.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Myrkur
Posted: 06.03.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 155 users
06.03.2016 - 13:25
garmling
Account deleted
So, metal is starting to be sexy like MTV pop music?! If you don't know how to make a good music, you get a hot chick (or two, three...) as a musician or a vocalist, and there you go, miracle happens... You know, when would a band like Myrkur, if it was male only band, had a chance to play with Behemoth? NEVER!
06.03.2016 - 13:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.03.2016 at 13:25

You know, when would a band like Myrkur, if it was male only band, had a chance to play with Behemoth? NEVER!

Bolzer were direct support for Behemoth recently, and they have only 1 demo and 2 EPs - 8 songs - to their name, the first of which was in 2012, although they didn't come into prominence until 2013. At the time of that tour they would have been in the public eye for probably less than a year.

By the way, Myrkur has only one member, and that's the woman you see there. No one "got a hot chick in."
06.03.2016 - 13:38
garmling
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.03.2016 at 13:29

Bolzer were direct support for Behemoth recently, and they have only 1 demo and 2 EPs - 8 songs - to their name, the first of which was in 2012, although they didn't come into prominence until 2013.

By the way, Myrkur has only one member, and that's the woman you see there. No one "got a hot chick in."

I see you are politically correct.... Bolzer is an excellent band, but this is just average crap at best! But, yeah, there you have a female, give her support, even if the music is a thing to forget......
06.03.2016 - 13:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.03.2016 at 13:38

I see you are politically correct.... Bolzer is an excellent band, but this is just average crap at best! But, yeah, there you have a female, give her support, even if the music is a thing to forget......

Quite a few people would disagree with you, and like her music a lot. Try telling them that. Besides, plenty of "average" bands are made by men too. I don't think I've ever seen their gender brought up as part of an attack of their music. Only when it's a woman.

It's funny people getting their panties in a wad over a woman doing well in a male dominated genre. She's not even sexualised. Sounds like a problem with over-sensitive males to me, worrying too much about their masculine genre :
06.03.2016 - 14:28
mz

I find her music average tbh, and not deserving either the hate or love it is getting. I give her every right to perform in a male dominated area like BM, but metal audiences are too sexist sth to actually realize that she is not using her ass and boobs to gather fans.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.03.2016 - 15:01
Vombatus
Potorro
Oh man, the usual "it's a woman" conversation we always get when Myrkur is around. Some things never change

On topic, didn't give a flying fuck about the vid. Was to be expected anyway.
06.03.2016 - 16:18
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So the new song is an interlude?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
06.03.2016 - 16:25
bleak
Account deleted
Talking crap about Myrkur because she doesn´t have the usually black metal look just so you can feel more metal is childish and moronic. You could not like it, but you can't say that her music is crap... you just can't!!!
06.03.2016 - 16:53
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Arrrrgh! It's not again available in Germany.
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2016 - 17:38
roeder

So, metal is starting to be sexy like MTV pop music?! If you don't know how to make a good music, you get a hot chick (or two, three...) as a musician or a vocalist, and there you go, miracle happens... You know, when would a band like Myrkur, if it was male only band, had a chance to play with Behemoth? NEVER!

I really hope you were wearing your wife-beater when you wrote this comment.
06.03.2016 - 19:16
Electes

Written by Guest on 06.03.2016 at 16:25

You could not like it, but you can't say that her music is crap... you just can't!!!

Of course you can. The music is crap. I'd think it was crap regardless of who made it.
06.03.2016 - 19:30
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight

Contrary to what you may think, some parts of heavy metal music were made for MTV and flirted with sex themes. Secondly, she has never used her looks once to gain a fan-base. Thirdly, Myrkur is a one-woman band. I do agree that a lot of fans are superficial and ignore the music because of various other things that have nothing to do with it. But those are hipsters. I think Myrkur's music is rather average. Not too good, but not too shabby either.
06.03.2016 - 20:35
garmling
Account deleted
Oh, but I love women! I adore them...have nothing against them, really! I've never ever hit a woman or something similar! The point of my comment is - no way such an average band could play with Behemoth if its only a male band, and that's a fact!
i.e. also, I like female bands too (Blackthorn) if they are good!
06.03.2016 - 21:47
ANGEL REAPER

Now if she would stick to such style with no growls and blast-beats she could finally make something ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.03.2016 - 01:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.03.2016 at 20:35

and that's a fact!

No it isn't. If it is, then prove it.
07.03.2016 - 02:43
UnknownCheese

People don't like her because she's phony and manufactured by the label.

I'm surprised she could even play this song after seeing her "play" guitar live.
07.03.2016 - 10:53
PocketMetal

So every other subgenre can have woman dressing and appearing how they want, but not our unholy black metal. The logic is fucked.
07.03.2016 - 18:42
Doge of Venice

Written by Guest on 06.03.2016 at 20:35

Oh, but I love women! I adore them...have nothing against them, really! I've never ever hit a woman or something similar! The point of my comment is - no way such an average band could play with Behemoth if its only a male band, and that's a fact!
i.e. also, I like female bands too (Blackthorn) if they are good!

Implies that Behemoth are also, in fact, more than average.

Hits total: 2395 | This month: 8