Metal Storm logo
Swedish Parents Name Child "Metallica"

Original post

Posted by Eternal Flames, 20.03.2007 - 07:25
As quoted from http://www.blabbermouth.net
Quote:
A Swedish court has ruled that the parents of a seven-month-old girl in Kungälv, Sweden can name their child Metallica, according to the Swedish newspaper GP. The girl's parents wanted to give their daughter a name that combined their first names. After picking Metallica and checking twice with the Swedish tax agency Skatteverket if the name was acceptable, they were told that it shouldn't be a problem since there is already a girl in Sweden called Metallica. When they filed Metallica as one of the girl's three first names, the Skatteverket suddenly objected, claiming that the name was inappropriate because a famous hard rock band bears that name and the fact that it's too close to the word "metal." The parents filed an appeal with the district court, which has now ruled that the use of the name won't pose any problems for either the girl or anyone that she comes in contact with. One member of the jury objected to the ruling, claiming that the name probably will cause discomfort to the person who bears it.

I wonder how long it will take Lars to press charges when he finds about this? I don't think the poor parents are aware of what they have gotten themselves into.
10.03.2011 - 00:17
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 10.03.2011 at 00:05

Written by Guest on 10.03.2011 at 00:00

I think I would find a way to pronounce An-gina in a way that makes it sound inappropriate. And from that point on, everyone would start pronouncing it that way.

There was a girl at school whose family name was Vagina... (the name's Vagin, a Russian name... women have A in the end... Vagin, Vagina)...and if you pronounce it the Russian way, it's not inappropriate...

Another day at school I saw a list of students on the wall and there was another beautiful girl's name... K. Putsinina (if it was male name, it would be Putsinin)...

Btw... how would you pronounce Angina then? Angiina?

Why, I'd pronounce it Ankeena of course, what did you expect, something dirty?
10.03.2011 - 00:27
Kitty
So? i'm also familiar with a girl named metallica. and NO this isn't a common israeli name.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
10.03.2011 - 00:53
.Nemesis.
Written by Guest on 09.03.2011 at 18:29

Written by .Nemesis. on 09.03.2011 at 05:17

If I ever had a kid i would name them something like "Anal Dissected Angel", "Chainsaw Gutsfuck", or "Vaginal Destruction".

Are you _seriously_ a 15 year old girl? A word of advice: stay the hell away from anything that might get you pregnant.

yes i am really 15 years old. And i meant when I get older and if I had a kid.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
10.03.2011 - 01:14
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by .Nemesis. on 10.03.2011 at 00:53

Maybe I'm just not too good at understanding the female sense of humour, but you'd really name your child "Vaginal Destruction"? I find this disturbing to be honest, especially since you're a girl. I am a guy and I wouldn't dream of naming my child "Penis Ripped Off" or "Genital Mutilation". Maybe the punk rockers I know are right, maybe I am just too old-fashioned and too conservative...sigh, years do go by so fast and the youngster are as wild as Yoda fighting Count Dooku.

Yes, old and a geek.
11.03.2011 - 13:33
whatsacow
Written by Guest on 10.03.2011 at 01:14

Maybe I'm just not too good at understanding the female sense of humour, but you'd really name your child "Vaginal Destruction"? I find this disturbing to be honest, especially since you're a girl. I am a guy and I wouldn't dream of naming my child "Penis Ripped Off" or "Genital Mutilation". Maybe the punk rockers I know are right, maybe I am just too old-fashioned and too conservative...sigh, years do go by so fast and the youngster are as wild as Yoda fighting Count Dooku.

Yes, old and a geek.

Why you'd name your kid something like that is beyond me. Oh well, 15 year old immaturity. When I was that age I wanted to change my last name to file, and name my son Peter.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
11.03.2011 - 15:38
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 11.03.2011 at 13:33

Written by Guest on 10.03.2011 at 01:14

Yes, old and a geek.

Why you'd name your kid something like that is beyond me. Oh well, 15 year old immaturity. When I was that age I wanted to change my last name to file, and name my son Peter.

You're right, Peter is horrible name, everyone would have called your son Spider-Man. Thank God you got rid of that idea
11.03.2011 - 16:00
Yavanna
I think that a name like Metallica could be a second name, because if the child doesn't like it, it can always be signed as M. The first name cannot be hidden if she doesn't like it
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
11.03.2011 - 16:30
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Yavanna on 11.03.2011 at 16:00

I think that a name like Metallica could be a second name, because if the child doesn't like it, it can always be signed as M. The first name cannot be hidden if she doesn't like it

What about M. Night Shyamalan?
11.03.2011 - 22:29
whatsacow
Written by Guest on 11.03.2011 at 16:30

Written by Yavanna on 11.03.2011 at 16:00

What about M. Night Shyamalan?

If the first name is metallica, it would make sense, because both's career started out decent, then progressively got shitter and shitter until the point where I hear either of their names my stomach starts eating itself.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
19.03.2011 - 18:26
Yasmine
Were I the judge I would not have allowed it. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u