Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Ed Force One Damaged In Chile, Update

Iron Maiden's 747 Ed Force One was badly damaged in a runway accident at a Santiago, Chile airport. It was tethered to a tow truck to be taken for refuelling prior to flying over the Andes to Cordoba. On moving the steering pin that is part of the mechanism that connects the ground tug to the aircraft seemingly fell out. On making a turn the aircraft had no steering and collided with the ground tug badly damaging the undercarriage, two of the aircrafts engines and injuring two ground tug operators, both of whom have been taken to hospital. The flight engineers were on site evaluating the damage, but their initial report is that the engines have suffered large damage and will require an extended period of maintenance and possibly two new engines. Despite this, it shouldn't affect their concert schedule including the 2 shows in Cordoba and Buenos Aires.

The band's latest update reveals that the tour will continue as planned: "We are happy to tell our fans in Cordoba that our Killer Krew has sorted out all logistics for us to be there with our full show for you all tomorrow. We expect no disruption to the tour in any way and are looking for a replacement 747 Ed Force One while our current beauty is healed. More news on that later. Until then, believe me, we will get to you all on this tour one way or another wherever you are. We are also delighted to say that we have been officially informed that the two Chilean airport staff who were injured following the malfunction of the tow truck connecting bolt will make a complete recovery. Best wishes to them and their families. Up the Irons! See you soon. And thanks Chile, what an amazing reaction and show!"

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 13.03.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 126 users
13.03.2016 - 20:18
.:Nataras:.
.:Saratan:.
Written by Irritable Ted on 13.03.2016 at 19:52

How much is that going to cost?

It seems the only thing that doesn't matter for them, is the price.
----
.:Saratan:.
13.03.2016 - 21:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
These Engines Don't Run
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.03.2016 - 00:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 13.03.2016 at 21:57

These Engines Don't Run

I would say Aces High ... live to fly, fly to live

But who or what will pay for repair; Will encurance covers this one?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.03.2016 - 05:42
Sr Tumnus

We try to stay with them... sorry!!!!
----
Damn is good!
14.03.2016 - 10:26
Aerich

It's faster to trade the whole plane for a new one, spray paint it and then be off again.

You know, in order to prevent becoming the new Lynyrd Skynyrd.
16.03.2016 - 05:36
Lord_Regnier

Written by Irritable Ted on 13.03.2016 at 20:27

Hopefully the insurance will pick it up. I would imagine its going to be hundreds of thousands for new 747 engines.

My understanding is that the employees of the airport made the mistake that caused the damage, so I think the airport (or rather their insurance) will pay for the repairs.

I haven't been able to find detailed prices for this kind of engines but they surely worth millions at that size. Add to this the cost of the repairs, which would probably take very long.

http://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/16007/what-is-the-cost-of-the-engine-boeing-747-model-400
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 2873 | This month: 3