Metal Storm logo
Review thumbnail bug

‹‹ Back to Bugs
15.03.2016 - 02:36
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
This bug has been around for a while, so I finally decided to report it. A cropped thumbnail for the review posted just before the last one available on the front page - I hope that makes sense - shows up just under the Metal Storm logo. Here's what I'm trying to describe. If it's too small, just click here.

If you click that small image there it takes you to this review, which was posted just before the Avantasia review at the end of the front page review list.
15.03.2016 - 02:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Haha! That's true. Hadn't noticed that
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.03.2016 - 11:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is there a bigger img, I can not see anything
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.03.2016 - 13:13
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Bad English on 15.03.2016 at 11:25

Is there a bigger img, I can not see anything

Written by LeKiwi on 15.03.2016 at 02:36
If it's too small, just click here.
15.03.2016 - 13:16
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Now that a new review was posted, it's the Avantasia review that's showing up under the logo. It's not as clear, but it's there nevertheless.
18.03.2016 - 02:15
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Hmm. I don't have this glitch.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

18.03.2016 - 02:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by psykometal on 18.03.2016 at 02:15

You sure? You must be on "http://metalstorm.net/home/". In other page like "/profile", "/bands" or any other, even if the left column is supposedly the same, the glitch won't happen.
When you go to /home, it is there, though
----
- Reimu Hakurei
18.03.2016 - 03:36
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 18.03.2016 at 02:47

You sure? You must be on "http://metalstorm.net/home/". In other page like "/profile", "/bands" or any other, even if the left column is supposedly the same, the glitch won't happen.
When you go to /home, it is there, though

I don't mean to come off as a dick but, yes, I went to the front page to check - I'm definitely intelligent enough to know that the official review scroller only exists on the homepage of the Storm.

Here's a screencap of my Storm homepage for proof (intentionally included date and timestamp):

----

18.03.2016 - 04:34
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That's weird.
What browser are you using btw? I just tried with firefox and it turns out the glitch isn't there.
Still persists on google chrome though
----
- Reimu Hakurei
18.03.2016 - 06:06
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 18.03.2016 at 04:34

That's weird.
What browser are you using btw? I just tried with firefox and it turns out the glitch isn't there.
Still persists on google chrome though

Lol. I'm using Chrome.
----

18.03.2016 - 15:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Well it's a shame the glitch won't work in your computer. The glitch should work, right? =D

Could be something of windows version as well, I dunno. (i still use 7)
----
- Reimu Hakurei
19.03.2016 - 12:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

It's not there for me at the moment either. It happens every so often - I'm 100% sure it will return.
19.03.2016 - 16:36
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 18.03.2016 at 15:15

Well it's a shame the glitch won't work in your computer. The glitch should work, right? =D

Could be something of windows version as well, I dunno. (i still use 7)

I'm still using 7 as well.
----

19.03.2016 - 16:55
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Ivan on 29.02.2016 at 23:23
Thought it would be appropriate to give you a notification, Ivan.
19.03.2016 - 17:17
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by LeKiwi on 19.03.2016 at 12:48

It's not there for me at the moment either. It happens every so often - I'm 100% sure it will return.

Isn't it because the review of the time is Omnium gatherum's. And hence the cropped part of the image is entirely black, thus matching the colour of the backscreen?
I too can't see it right now, but the link is still there, if you hover the mouse over the part below the logo it you will see that it links to something. Click on it and it redirects to the Omnium gatherum review.

At least on mine right now
----
- Reimu Hakurei
19.03.2016 - 17:40
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 19.03.2016 at 17:17

Isn't it because the review of the time is Omnium gatherum's. And hence the cropped part of the image is entirely black, thus matching the colour of the backscreen?
I too can't see it right now, but the link is still there, if you hover the mouse over the part below the logo it you will see that it links to something. Click on it and it redirects to the Omnium gatherum review.

Actually I already had that same thought and tried hovering on that area right below the logo to see if a link was [hidden] there, and nope. No link [hidden] link there either.
----

19.03.2016 - 17:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Karlabos on 19.03.2016 at 17:17

The review for OG's album is at the end of the scroll thingy and there's no link under the logo for me.

Still, as long as at least one person is experiencing the bug and it needs to be looked at
08.04.2016 - 20:52
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 19.03.2016 at 17:40

Actually I already had that same thought and tried hovering on that area right below the logo to see if a link was [hidden] there, and nope. No link [hidden] link there either.

It's back.

15.05.2016 - 21:30
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Still there.
18.05.2016 - 16:36
D.T. Metal
Staff
Written by LeKiwi on 15.05.2016 at 21:30

Still there.

Ivan is aware of the issue, but since it shows up at random and not for everyone and not in every browser... it's hard to pin-point what the culprit is I am afraid. Rest assured, he is taking a closer look at this if and when it happens to him
18.05.2016 - 17:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
If a video of the thing would help, there it is:

Not much aside what's been said by LeKiwi though.
I recorded this on my shitty desktop, so it's very laggy. I can't record on my laptop (which would record in real time) because I don't get the bug there! It happens only on the desktop =p
It lagged right on the transiction around 0:15, but if you pay attention to the name displayed on the tab you will see it actually redirects to the Fallujah review.
----
- Reimu Hakurei