Metal Storm logo
Moonsorrow - Release New Video And Song

The Finns Moonsorrow have some big news for us all today, finally a new song! The new track "Suden Tunti" (The Hour Of The Wolf) and its official music video are here to please the fans who have been waiting for the new album, Jumalten Aika. After a few teasers and a cover from the bonus disc of the impending release, listen to their first new song since the release of Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa. How do you rate it?

"This is the shortest song we've done in more than ten years!" comments Ville Sorvali. "It has all the elements that make it a Moonsorrow track but it's still something we hadn't done before. This is the dark side of folk metal - the epic battle of Fenris and Odin from a new perspective."

"This is the day we never thought would come. We never thought we would release an official Moonsorrow music video," adds Mitja Harvilahti. "Writing music without compromises is hard enough. Making a video that catches the same spirit without compromises and awkward moments that takes away the credibility is even harder! We had a thought for some time that only an animated video with enough artistic flavor would work. Since Suden Tunti is somewhat based on actual myths it was
possible to create the world where the script takes place!"

Their seventh studio album Jumalten Aika, which means 'The Age Of Gods' in English, will be released on April 1st, 2016 via Century Media Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Moonsorrow
Posted: 21.03.2016 by HaaskAksaaH

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 170 users
21.03.2016 - 20:44
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Not bad. Reminds me more of their earlier days both in sound and length. Not blown away, but more my style than some of the more recent stuff they have put out. That cover looks like hell though...
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Listen to the Trench Talk podcast.
22.03.2016 - 09:07
Svneatr
Vitharr
I expected more. Or at least something different. They turned in their more epic sound for something a little faster I suppose, more black metal less folk. I get not wanting to repeat yourself and to be fair they seemed to have exhausted everything they had creatively on their last album (still a great album but definitely not quite up to the same standard of their last couple records prior to it) but this song didn't wow me. Not bad, just not great. We'll see how the rest of the album is.
22.03.2016 - 18:12
beerweed

23.03.2016 - 01:29
MetalSpider

Well this is different! It's pretty good...not blown away, but I enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear the rest!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!

Hits total: 3210 | This month: 7